The AIA, in existence for more than 150 years, works to advance the value of architects and architecture and increase the living standards of people by improving their built environments.
The AIA, with a membership of over 90,000, is the largest voice of the architectural community.
- Educating the public to strengthen the value of architects and the overall role of the profession in the building industry.
- Using our influence in legislative and regulatory concerns that affect and potentially govern the professional lives of architects.
- Researching new job markets and new career specializations to ensure architects can meet society's needs now, and in the future.
- Expanding the architectural knowledge base as changes in the profession occur.
- Offering a network for support and information exchange with colleagues and industry professionals across the country and the globe.