The Walt Disney Studios (TWDS) is seeking a Sr. Data Analyst, Consumer Behavior with a strong understanding of assembling complex sets of data, and industry tools to generate a deep understanding of customer behavior and oversee the design, build, and testing of formulas for complex metrics/KPIs and analytics. This position will report to the Director of Analytics for TWDS. The goal of this team is to create a competitive advantage for TWDS using data.
As a trusted creator of premium entertainment experiences for the whole family, Disney is committed to making it easier than ever for consumers to grow their digital movie libraries in a seamless and family-friendly experience. This exclusive cloud-based digital movie service for iOS, Android and Web enables consumers to discover, purchase, manage, and watch movies on the go.
The Sr. Data Analyst, Consumer Behavior will possess a strong understanding of cohort analysis, segmentation, and tracking of digital behavior patterns to generate macro level understanding of customer behavior. The role will analyze customer data including personas to design maps of the customer journeys both inside and outside the product.
- Develop a deep understanding of engagement and retention drivers by persona/journey and provide insight on how to maximize return against key business metrics
- Build recommendations on effective customer journeys and provide product improvement opportunities that increase sales and adoption
- Analyze consumer behaviors, expressed preferences, and response to media and marketing efforts
- Provide optimization recommendations that drive KPIs established by product, marketing, operations, PR teams, and others
- Develop and deploy testing hypotheses and analyze test results, providing the necessary analytical rigor to ensure data quality, consistency, repeatability, and accuracy of insights
- Ask and answer the next question(s) after gathering and analyzing the data to make insights more powerful – not just delivering what was asked for!
- Apply analytical skills to develop more advanced solutions that drive action in the business
- Desire to participate in an “Open Source” learning environment where sharing, documenting, teaching, and collaborating with others is the culture
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 or more years of experience analyzing massive sets of technical transactional data
- Experience querying Hadoop (Hive, Pig, Presto)
- Used Python or R for collecting, manipulating, analyzing and visualizing data
- Experience constructing Boolean and SQL-based queries
- Advanced Excel skills for analysis, dashboarding, and data manipulation pivot tables, conditional statements, VLOOKUP, statistical packages, macros, correlations/regressions
- Strong visualization skills (Tableau, D3, web apps)
- Experience collaborating with and articulating recommendations to sophisticated technical audiences
- Confidence to take ownership of projects and make decisions in a fast-paced environment with minimal documentation and process
- Ability to tell a story with data – What does the analysis tell you? What do you think the business should do next? Why do you think what is happening, is happening? Ability to influence others with the story of what you’re seeing in the data to make business recommendations
- Ability and desire to lead projects independently from start to finish, working with internal and external teams to make decisions and maintain momentum
- Excellent time and project management skills, with the ability to manage detail work and communicate project status effectively to all levels
- Proven track record in meeting aggressive deadlines
- Experience in digital, mobile, and/or VOD services
- Experience in digital entertainment industries