Systems Administrator Opportunities
The MTA IT Security, Police Support Unit is currently seeking qualified candidates to provide technical support to the MTA Police Department and MTA Agency Command Centers computer server hardware and software; including installation, maintenance and administration of highly complex computer software.
Successful candidates must undergo an intensive MTAPD background check.
- System Administration experience on the following systems or comparable technology: Lenel OnGuard Access Control, ONSSI & Genetec Video Management, Qognify Situator, Intergraph Public Safety Security Suite, Voice Print Voice Recording, Zetron & EMCOM Voice Communication Systems and software integration with PSIM technologies.
- Install and oversee the configuration and troubleshooting of complex hardware and/or software solutions supporting MTA’s server and storage environment such as VMWARE, Pivot3, Microsoft Servers, Active Directory, SAN technology, SQL Database, SCCM, MDT, Imaging and Deployment for servers and workstations.
- Configure and install servers for various functions, including but not limited to application servers, SQL database servers, domain controllers, web servers, virtualization and storage area networks.
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Windows 7, 10, Windows Server, Active Directory, Blade Chassis, Storage Area Networks, VMWARE and Linux administration.
- Strong security awareness and focus; knowledge of security principles, disaster recovery and backup procedures.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, handle critical and stressful situations as well as resolve complex technical problems in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent verbal, writing and communication skills as well as extensive use within the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with installing, maintaining and administering Public Safety Systems (PSS) such as Computer Aided Dispatch, Records Management, Livescan, Arrest Processing, LPR, TRACS or Tiburon, Comnetix, Morpho Trust, Intergraph or equivalent are a plus.
- Hands on networking skills with the ability to troubleshoot and support network and security related issues both remotely and on-site using standard MTA tools and techniques.
- Hands on experience configuring and troubleshooting edge devices such as Cameras, Lenel Panels, Lenel Readers interface modules, HID proximity readers, HID iClass readers and misc. intrusion detection sensors.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or a minimum of 10 years’ experience installing, maintaining, administrating and supporting computer hardware and operating systems software such as Windows, HP-UNIX, LINUX, VMware, ESX or Active Directory.
- Must possess a minimum of 8 years’ experience with maintaining an supporting computer hardware, operating systems software, networking protocols, internet technology and Windows services.
To apply for MTA IT Systems Administrator opportunities and to view complete job details including responsibilities and qualifications for these opportunities, please click the "Apply For Job" button on this page.
MTA Headquarters is an Equal Opportunity Employer.