Reporting to the Associate Director, CRM the Senior Lead Developer, CRM will provide technical supervision and leadership for the university's CRM system, Salesforce and will be responsible for the design, implementation, management, and support of the CRM platform and its integrated applications. The incumbent will be involved in the development process, including visiting with users to analyze processes, studying feasibility, designing, gathering feedback, and implementation of Salesforce related applications. Responsibilities include managing the CRM in the general areas of security, backups, reliability, and automation.
- Responsible for technical aspects of Salesforce.com and Salesforce1, including data migrations, data quality, systems integrations, 3rd party applications, AppExchange products, and custom code. This position is responsible for developing in Visualforce, Apex, Java, AJAX, and other technologies to build customized solutions that support business requirements . The incumbent provides integration and application development, deployment, testing (unit and systems), and iterative refinement and seeks out ways to utilize SFDC to improve processes and productivity. It is the responsibility of the incumbent to define, communicate, and manage a change management (release) process to develop and implement new applications/code and updates to existing applications/code.
- Provide troubleshooting, and back-end systems support; monitoring system performance and data integrity; understanding the mission and goals of the university; understanding the vision and strategy of the University's enterprise CRM initiative; working with university educational technology user groups and CRM Governance Committee to assess institutional needs and develop, test, and implement the appropriate building blocks, or other solutions to address current and future needs; developing and maintaining system and process documentation; generating usage reports for CRM and institutional assessment; and keeping abreast of current higher education technology and tools as they relate to CRM.
- Supervise the lead application developer and provide technical guidance and mentorship. Technical leadership, setting best practices including integration and application development, deployment, testing (unit and systems), and iterative refinement. Ensure all development work such as design implementation, and etc., whether managed internally or by service provider, follows established standards, processes, application guidelines and technical architecture.
- Manages, tracks and escalates incoming support incidents (includes vendor fixes and business modifications) using a defined process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
- 4-5 years of relevant technical and business experience. Technical background with a proven history of understanding complex systems. Strong understanding of relational databases. Strong history of successful technical project management experience
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Development experience with Salesforce.com.
- Advanced SQL and Excel skills
- Experience with software development lifecycle of enterprise level applications as well as Change Management, Release Management, and Source Code Configuration Control.
- Broad level of understanding surrounding information systems and application architecture standards.
- Knowledge of distributed system architecture, middleware, or object oriented analysis and design required.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with constituents throughout the university.
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Innovative, adaptable, self-directed, and team player.
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I (Certified Salesforce.com Developer), Experience in Web technologies and Cloud Computing.
- Understanding of, and detailed experience with, Salesforce.com architecture, Salesforce1 Platform, API capabilities, and constraints of the Salesforce.com CRM application coupled with good understanding of business processes.
- Experience designing, implementing, customizing and integrating Salesforce.com via real-time, batch, sync/async.
- Experience with Apex Language, Apex Scheduler, Batch Apex, Triggers, Apex Class & Apex Web Service, Partner WSDL & Enterprise WSDL, and Visual Force (Page, Component & Controllers).
- Experience integrating with external applications using SOA (service-oriented architecture) / ESB (enterprise service bus) technologies
- Experience using Salesforce.com data tools (Data Loader, Excel Connector, DemandTools, Informatica Cloud)
- Knowledge using AppExchange products and installation.
- Experience in implementing advanced formulas and workflow rules to enforce business processes.
- Understanding of UI/UX design principles and best practices.
- Broad knowledge of IT systems, infrastructure, processes and controls.
Experience working in an academic environment preferred.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening.
This is a regular, exempt, 40 hour per week position.
Pepperdine University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate in employment practices on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, disability, or prior military service. Federal guidelines recognize the right of church-related institutions to seek personnel who will support the goals of the institution, including the right to select members of the church to which the institution is related.