The nation's leading local Health Department seeks a Product Support Specialist to join its award winning, innovative technology team in revolutionizing public health IT. The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) uses the latest technologies and enterprise wide application solutions in its groundbreaking work to promote and protect New Yorkers' health and improve DOHMH's business operations.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Specifically, the Product Manager will obtain expert level knowledge about various system applications for Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
- Obtain expert level technical knowledge of several existing system applications, including system
architecture, database schema, application specific web services and integration points with external
- Troubleshoot issues regarding the interfaces and connectivity to other applications or databases in a timely manner.
- Communicate problem and solution to users.
- Learn how to configure application features and understand which portions of the application can be customized onsite through configuration files or other settings, and which requests must be referred to the vendor for a core product change.
- Manage the development and testing of enhancements by: 1) personally make the change using the application administration tools; or 2) submit the request to our internal development group for programming and manage the development cycle; 3) Assist and work with counterparts in DoITT and other city agencies on addressing issues and implementing future enhancements or 4) submit the request to application vendor and manage the coordination with the vendor's technical resources.
- Manage the testing and deployment of new core product releases from the application vendor.
- Follow change control processes for version control, testing and deploying configuration changes.
- Be responsible for managing the release build process, including bug resolution and determining the features to be included in each build.
- Support and maintain the multiple application environments (Development, Quality Assurance,
- Staging and Production) required for software fixes and new features to be developed, tested and approved for use in the production system.
- Be the primary point of contact for user configuration and feature requests.
- Be responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating end-user support requests.
- Coordinate user training for new features.
- Conduct regular status meetings with internal clients and the vendor.
- Assure proper articulation and reporting of activities to stakeholders and executive management.
- Analyze database systems, queries, and procedures in Oracle 11g & up environment and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 & above.
- Build reports for senior management as needed.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- A master's degree in computer science from an accredited college and three years of progressively more responsible, full-time, satisfactory experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks at least 18 months of this experience must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration, or planning of data processing or in the supervision of staff performing these duties; or
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of experience as described in "1" above; or
- A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and six years of experience as described in "1" above; or
- A satisfactory combination of education and experience equivalent to "1", "2" or "3" above.
However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and must possess at least three years of experience as described in "1" above, including the 18 months of administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in "1" above.
Qualification Requirements (continued)
NOTE: The following types of experience are not acceptable: superficial use of preprogrammed software without complex programming, design, implementation or management of the product; use of word processing packages; use of a hand held calculator; primarily the entering or updating of data in a
system; the operation of data processing hardware or consoles.
- 3-5 year overall experience with supporting IT applications
- Experience with commercial of the shelf products (COTS) that have form and workflow builders
- Experience in software development life cycle and application development
- Ability to troubleshoot issues regarding system configuration and scripts
- Ability to communicate problem and solution to the user
- Develop and Support Windows XAML based application s for inspection devices built in WPF
- Strong knowledge on MVVM, XAML and Styles, Triggers, Events and Templating implementations.
- Working expertise in WPF, WCF, C# and C++ programming, writing scalable and reusable maintenance code.
- Experience working with RESTful APIs and SOAP based Web Services is a strong plus.
- Experience with web servers such as IIS and Apache.
- Analyze database systems, queries, and procedures in SQL 2008 & up; Oracle 11g & up environment.
- 2-4 years of experience in in writing SQL queries using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 & above.
- 2-4 years of experience with web service development in .NET
- Previous experience with SSRS for supporting reports.
- Familiar with troubleshooting issues with external interfaces (payment gateways, external DBs, GIS, USPS etc..).
- Proficient with building forms and workflows
- 2-4 years of experience with java script.
**IMPORTANT NOTES TO ALL CANDIDATES:
Please note: If you are called for an interview you will be required to bring to your interview copies of
original documentation, such as:
- A document that establishes identity for employment eligibility, such as: A Valid U.S. Passport,
Permanent Resident Card/Green Card, or Driver’s license.
- Proof of Education according to the education requirements of the civil service title.
- Current Resume
- Proof of Address/NYC Residency dated within the last 60 days, such as: Recent Utility Bill (i.e.
Telephone, Cable, Mobile Phone)
Additional documentation may be required to evaluate your qualification as outlined in this posting’s
“Minimum Qualification Requirements” section. Examples of additional documentation may be, but not
limited to: college transcript, experience verification or professional trade licenses.
If after your interview you are the selected candidate you will be contacted to schedule an on-boarding
appointment. By the time of this appointment you will be asked to produce the originals of the above
documents along with your original Social Security card.
The federal government provides student loan forgiveness through its Public Service Loan Forgiveness
Program (PSLF) to all qualifying public service employees. Working with the DOHMH qualifies you as a
public service employee and you may be able to take advantage of this program while working full-time
and meeting the program’s other requirements.
Please visit the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program site to view the eligibility requirements:
Click the "Apply For Job" button on this page to apply online with a cover letter. In the Job ID search bar, enter: job ID number # 295370
We appreciate the interest and thank all applicants who apply, but only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
42-09 28th Street, Long Island City, NY
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.
The City of New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer.