To be part of the AMA is to be part of our Mission to promote the art and science of medicine and the betterment of public health. Join the AMA team that is dedicated to the betterment of public health as a Data Manager in Physician Engagement – Analytics and Operations.
As part of the team, you will provide senior data analysis and technical skills for Physician Engagement data strategy and IT projects. Manage the PE group data strategy through retrieving, understanding and interpreting the data surrounding membership and engagement activities as well as data feeds in and out of the Enterprise Data Warehouse and Data Mart. Serve as primary liaison with IT. Prioritize and advocate for delivery on key Physician Engagement technology and data needs.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Access and compile large volumes of custom and syndicated data from disparate sources into concise and precise information. Verify accuracy; develop databases, systems and programs that facilitate data modeling. Ensure data quality and data documentation.
- Serve as IT’s primary liaison to centrally manage and prioritize delivery on key Membership and PE Group technology projects. Direct software design, programming, set-up, testing and installation of systems.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing processes and tools; develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes/tools.
- BS or BA degree in Management Information Systems or related field is required. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7+ year’s system development or production support experience in a large scale relational database environment. Experience in data analytics, modeling, database management, and other functions related to measuring/improving key programs and ensuring that strategic decisions are data-based, with proven commitment to delivering outstanding service.
- Excellent business/system analysis, root-cause problem solving, process mapping and data modeling and data manipulation skills.
- Previous experience leading projects teams preferred.
- Strong understanding of data warehousing theories, principles, and practices.
- Technical abilities in deploying N-Tiered, web enabled, decision support systems needed.
- Outstanding analytical, data manipulation and reporting skills, including ability to quickly identify key needs from various stakeholders (“clients”), translate those needs into required analytical processes, and synthesize and report back results in a clear, actionable manner to inform strategic improvements and/or recommendations for other Marketing and Sales content owners.
- Strong team player with the ability to organize, prioritizes, manages, and completes multiple projects. Proven leadership skills and the ability to motivate and foster teamwork.
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Ability to focus on priorities, work on multiple tasks, adapt to changing priorities, and to meet deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, especially the ability to express analytic results and complex technical concepts effectively both verbally and in writing to ensure they inform strategic decision making.
- Advanced technical skills including a working understanding of CRM and relational database concepts. Proficiency in SAS, SQL, Microsoft Office Suite, Business Objects or related software reporting package; familiarity with Unica a plus.
Experience in vendor management and managing contacts and evaluating technology.
The AMA offers competitive salaries, including an incentive plan; excellent benefits and progressive technology. Our office is a business casual environment and we respect work-life balance.
To apply, please click the 'Apply For Job' button on this page.
The American Medical Association is located at 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 and is convenient to all public transportation in Chicago.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical Association will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and veteran or disability status.
THE AMA IS COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF THE NATION.