As a Senior Data Warehouse Architect at ACS Technologies, you’ll be the technical lead to design, implement and maintain the Data Warehouse and its features. You’ll have individual contributor responsibilities and deliverables along with lead duties and responsibilities. You’ll help research tools and technologies for a long-term strategy going forward. You’ll work closely with product owners, scrum masters, management, and customer teams to optimize our ability to bring well-conceived and well-implemented software applications to the faith-based market.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the technical architecture and design for new Data platforms.
- Build new and innovative solutions that can help solve business and technical challenges
- Build prototypes and proofs-of-concept to validate ideas
- Provide architecture and technology leadership across platforms in Big Data and Cloud Data technologies
- Help design and implement an infrastructure platform that is high performance and scalable
- Interact with the project team members responsible for developing reports, interfaces, data conversion programs, and application extensions.
- Present technical information in easily understood terms in both verbal and written form
- Work closely with fellow IT staff and product management to document standards and procedures for the definition of reference architectures (architecture roadmap)
- Interact and work directly with customer team members on projects and support issues.
- Facilitate communication upward and across project teams
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Recommend strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; and anticipating requirements.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related
- 6+ years’ experience in information technology in the data space
- 3+ years minimum of demonstrable experience in a technical leadership role
- Real time experience in Cloud Data Warehouse implementations
- Strong Knowledge of Data Warehouse architecture and Data Integration concepts.
- Expertise in ETL tools with hands-on knowledge
- Experience with several BI tools with hands-on knowledge
- Extensive experience with developing, unit testing, break/fix support of ETL
- Skilled in performance tuning, query plan / explain plan analysis, indexing, table partitioning
- Hands-on experience with major big data platforms and languages such as Hadoop, MapReduce, BigQuery, RedShift, Azure SQL DWH, Kinetica, Python, PHP, Ruby and/or R
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Comfortable working with all project stakeholders (business users, architects, project managers, business analysts, developers, test analysts, production support team)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline. Master's Degree in a related field is preferred.