- Works closely with Disney segment executives and leaders across ESPN, Disney Studios, Disney ABC Television Group, Parks & Resorts, and Disney Consumer Products Interactive, as well as Corporate Brand and Legal to create integrated AdTech/MarTech roadmaps and enterprise solutions
- Support contract negotiations, RFIs, RFPs, SLAs and business relationships with vendors
- Develops and maintains tools and practices to enable faster/cheaper innovation across the data analytics technologies portfolio
- Manage the identification, tracking, escalation and resolution of operational, technical and data issues across the platforms
- Drives ongoing sustainment and resiliency of business-critical data analytics applications and platforms.
- Seeks to achieve alignment with other key technology and business stakeholders & functions
- Champions continuous improvement and innovation within the Consumer Identity & Data Platforms group
- Partners with program and product management to ensure team commitments are metrics and performance driven
- 10+ years’ experience in advertising technology and/or marketing technology experience with consumer-facing technology products
- Strong executive presence, with extensive experience communicating with business leaders, attorneys, architects and engineers supporting a global enterprise
- Proven ability to nimbly maneuver among strategic, technical, business, brand, legal and security contexts, continually advocating for the best customer experience with the highest business relevance at the right cost
- Experienced in developing and delivering business cases in a scaled agile context
- Well-versed in the creation and prioritization of epics and user stories involving consumer applications and websites across a variety of platforms
- Proficient in measuring and analyzing user behaviors and product performance across desktop, mobile, and OTT platforms
- Well-versed in software development, specifically in digital multi-device platform technologies
- Solid understanding of the full product development lifecycle, with success managing products through all phases, from vision to launch to value realization
- Must be very customer-focused, with proven ability to take abstract concepts and drive them into concrete value statements and acceptance criteria
- Must be delivery focused, with a strong willingness to perform all tasks required to complete the job and meet deadlines
- Ability to inspire cross functional teams, with a mix of vendor and FTE resources, to produce innovative enterprise solutions while holding them accountable for meeting their quality and delivery commitments
- Partner across organizational boundaries and influence modern development practices
- Passion for customers and demonstrated ability to identify and communicate areas of opportunity to develop new products or enhance existing offerings
- Strong technical aptitude with conceptual and logical understanding of full stack web and mobile software architecture
- Effectively leverages technical and business expertise to optimize delivery outcomes
- Comfortable leading high performing technical teams through the feature grooming and implementation details definition
- Possesses excellent people interaction skills, maintaining a high level of professionalism to demonstrate the ability to influence up and down the organization
- Excellent analytical, diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication with technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong commitment to aligning team delivery with strategic objectives and discipline to measure delivered outcomes
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong planning, prioritization and organization skills
- Works effectively in a team and cross-team environment with both onsite and remote team members
- Media and entertainment industry experience
- Experience with products such as Oracle BlueKai, Tealium, Adobe Analytics, DoubleClick, and FreeWheel
- BA/BS in business, computer science, other business/technology field or equivalent work experience
- MBA, Management of Information Systems or equivalent advanced degree and/or experience
This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Consumer Identity and Data Platforms group in the Enterprise Technology division is currently seeking a Director of Data Technology to join our leadership team. This position is responsible for ownership of 3rd party analytics, advertising and marketing technology solutions that enable TWDC business units to better engage digital consumers. Through these solutions, TWDC business units can more effectively personalize content, target advertising, and direct marketing to consumers on mobile, desktop, and streaming device platforms.
The Director of Data Technology is responsible for the overall health, partner relationship and ongoing evolution of cross-TWDC advertising and marketing technology capabilities and data analytics. This includes ownership of platforms and vendor relationships with the ability to influence the vision, strategic plan and roadmap. The Director readily engages with leaders across the company, demonstrating a sound background in quantitative thinking and analysis, and leading a dynamic team focused on strategic execution. In conjunction with exceptional verbal and written communication skills, this leader evaluates available information to make informed tradeoffs balancing the highest priority needs across the enterprise with technical capabilities in line with the Consumer Identity and Data Platforms strategic goals.
This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer. 495585