We provide engineering services in the definition, development, and maintenance of complex systems and equipment for government and industry. Our multidisciplinary teams provide technological solutions for commercial and military problems. Using the state of the art in design aids, laboratory instrumentation, and test equipment, we deliver quality, innovative engineering solutions. For more information on the Intelligent Systems Division, visit: swri.org/technical-divisions/intelligent-systems
Join a team that develops Machine Learning-based solutions for existing and future next-generation technologies, including embedded systems for electric power, oil & gas, aerospace, automotive, and space applications; interact with technical clients and colleagues to understand requirements and constraints of the task objectives; work in various phases of the system lifecycle, including applied research, requirements generation, design, implementation, testing, integration, installation, and documentation.
- Requires a MS or PhD degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or other related disciplines with at least a 3.25 GPA.
- MS requires 3 – 8 years of experience. PhD requires 2 - 5 years of experience.
- Must have course work or experience in one or more of the following:
- a) machine learning / deep learning,
- b) data analytics / big data,
- c) GPU and CPU programming,
- d) microprocessor software and/or hardware,
- e) signal processing,
- f) instrumentation and sensors,
- g) embedded systems
- Experience in Python and/or C, C++ preferred
- Experience with deep learning, computer vision, Caffe, R, TensorFlow, Spark, Linux, openCV, real-time operating systems, high performance computing (HPC), a plus
- Interest and/or experience in working with hardware a plus
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills and desire to lead teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Must be able to work in project team environments and independently
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills, be self-motivated, and be driven by challenging problems
- Must have good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Aptitude for continuous learning and leadership potential
- Applicants with energy, enthusiasm, initiative and a desire to excel in their field will receive primary consideration.
- Occasional travel is required.
- A valid/clear driver's license is required.
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Competitive annual salaries, exceptional benefits, onsite fitness center, bank, 1200 acre campus, cafeteria