To be part of the AMA is to be part of our Mission to promote the art and science of medicine and the betterment of public health. Join the AMA team that is dedicated to the betterment of public health as a Fulfillment Systems Technical Manager in Periodical Publishing.
As part of the team, you will co-manage the global periodicals fulfillment system which supports 35% of AMA’s revenue intake for the JAMA Network publications and other AMA organization product lines.
- Support customer base in excess of 1 million records with associated revenue in excess of $21 million annually.
- Manage all technical aspects of daily interfaces and integrations, including resource coordination within the AMA and with outside technical support teams.
- Provide oversight and maintenance for all web services and interfaces integrated with the fulfillment system.
- Manage code development for internal web services and interfaces in support of changing business models and requirements.
- Manage all aspects of migration to a monthly bug fix and continuous upgrade track for the fulfillment system.
- Provide back-up coverage for the Circulation Systems Manager l.
Other Responsibilities will include:
- Manage all tasks related to continuous upgrades of the fulfillment system, including running test scripts, oversight of UAT, verification of all testing results, and rotation of code updates to all fulfillment system environments.
- Manage the day-to-day technical operational support for the various integrations with the fulfillment system for the JAMA Network and several AMA business products. Handle all code rotations and UAT for newly developed and enhanced web functionality, beginning with testing sign process flows and write supporting code for enhancements to existing integrations/interfaces and for potential new integrations with other third party vendors.
- Design process flows and write supporting code for enhancements to existing integrations/interfaces and for potential new integrations with other third party vendors.
- Utilize leading technology and open source development, allowing for the flexibility to easily modify the design and functionality in support of changing business needs.
- Provide back-up for the Circulation Systems Manager, including scheduling of all job streams, system back-ups and development updates.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in information technology.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in technical system administration and business operations, including writing and maintaining code. Direct experience in JAVA, C#, .NET and web services preferred. Prefer experience directly related to fulfillment system administration, preferably with the Advantage fulfillment system. Comprehensive understanding of fulfillment activities for print, electronic, subscription and time based sales and associated transactional activities strongly preferred.
- At least five years demonstrated experience in database and project management.
- Well defined analytical skills with the ability to research issues to resolution, using good judgment and escalating to senior management as needed. Knowledge of reporting tools such as Advantage Business Intelligence, Crystal Reports, SQL Visual Studio and SQL Server Management Studio strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of LANs and Client/Server environments, proficient in SQL database administration, programming, data architecture, and Microsoft Access required. Experience with Postal Soft and Taxware/Worldtax or similar programs strongly preferred.
- Experienced user of project management software tools, with experience in managing complex projects with tight deadlines.
- Strong negotiation skills along with well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to interact effectively with various levels of internal staff and external vendor contacts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment as well as being a strong independent contributor.
- Ability to work and lead effectively in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment where extended hours are regularly required
The AMA offers competitive salaries, including an incentive plan; excellent benefits and progressive technology. Our office is a business casual environment and we respect work-life balance.
To apply, please click the 'Apply For Job' button on this page.
The American Medical Association is located at 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 and is convenient to all public transportation in Chicago.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical Association will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and veteran or disability status.
THE AMA IS COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF THE NATION