Due to substantial growth, VIVA Health is searching for a Performance Improvement Analyst based in our Birmingham corporate office. With a strong focus on analyzing health information data, this position is responsible for activities related to achieving VIVA Health's STAR rating.
This position also assists in coordinating data analysis and other research related to the CMS STAR Program, execution of population health analysis and HEDIS project support through heavy Excel documentation.
- Bachelor's Degree in MIS, HIM, Statistics, Math, Business, or related field
- 1 year experience in an analytical role
- High level of proficiency with MS Excel
- Knowledge of statistical analysis techniques as well as data visualization practices
- Ability to manage multiple projects or assignments within expected time constraints
- Ability to interpret written technical specifications and apply them to business operations
- Ability to learn and operate new computer applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate high level of integrity and quality of performed work
- Working knowledge of SAS, Tableau, Crystal, or similar query tools
- Master's degree in related field
- 2 years' experience in Medicare Advantage or health care organization with experience conducting data analytics
- Six Sigma or Project Management
- Knowledge of national standard health quality metrics such as STAR ratings, CAHPS, HOS, and HEDIS
- Knowledge of, Medicare Advantage, Health Maintenance Organizations, or other Health Insurance operations
- Knowledge of database management systems, query languages, table relationships, and views
Click the 'I'm Interested' button on this page to check us out and complete the application for Performance Improvement Analyst position.