Consumer Insight, Measurement & Analytics (CIMA) is part of the Global Marketing & Sales organization within Disney Parks, Experiences & Consumer Products (DPECP). CIMA influences decision making with integrated, objective, and actionable insights. Within CIMA, the Marketing Analytics & Insights (MAI) team provides objective assessments of DCECP marketing to inform strategy, understand performance, optimize investment, and maximize business impact.
The Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics & Insights must possess a passion for analytics, marketing/advertising technology and leadership. This individual will lead a team and develop a reporting ecosystem and build capabilities that will provide media reporting at the channel, message, creative, geography, and audience level. This team will provide reporting that will allow continuous optimization of content and campaigns as well as support larger strategic efforts including analytics to develop insights to the overall business as well as the Media organization.
This individual will also support the data strategy/innovation goals that will enable CIMA to drive efficiencies and capabilities. This team will be leveraging a broad spectrum of marketing, media, and sales data to develop new reporting and analysis capabilities to support decision making for Walt Disney Parks & Resorts lines of businesses. The person must be comfortable working with partners, conducting analyses, preparing reports, and communicating insights as they will act as a key advocate for the benefits data and analytics can drive throughout the organization. This position reports to the Director, Marketing Analytics & Insights and will be based in Orlando, FL or Glendale, CA.
The Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics & Insights’ key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Build a team to develop media reporting and provide keen insights
- Develop methods to measure and report on media effectiveness including data at the channel, audience, message, creative, and geographic levels
- Build a reporting ecosystem that provides both channel level as well as holistic media performance
- Support media optimization and marketing initiatives through reporting and analytics
- Provide measurement, reporting, and analytics for digital media, website, CMR, and offline
- Support the data strategy that will enable CIMA to drive efficiencies and capabilities
- Conduct data analyzes and mine data to find opportunities and insights
- Design effective and impactful reports and visualizations for both large and small scale distribution
- Create presentations to highlight recommendations and tell the story
- Partner with Managers to look for new opportunities to leverage data within Marketing and Media to enable decision making
- 7+ years of analytical experience
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills
- Marketing knowledge or experience, preferably in marketing strategy, media planning, or an analytic area
- Demonstrated project management skills to champion a project from inception to implementation and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience working with digital, social, and traditional media data
- Experience with developing reporting platforms and designing reports
- Solid analytical and technical problem solving skills
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, complex, and ambiguous business environment and display professionalism and confidence in challenging situations
- Demonstrated attentiveness to detail and focus on excellence in work product delivery
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment and with a variety of stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to identify and handle issues proactively and decisively with limited direction and oversight while also communicating consistently to executive leadership
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills including effective visual representation of complex data
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and business intelligence tools such as Tableau, and familiarity with analytic software applications such as SAS and coding software such as SQL
- Familiar with use of online digital data (e.g., Omniture, DFA, etc)
- Demonstrated strategic and creative thinking ability
- Ability to develop clear and concise thoughts into proposals, recommendations, and findings
- 10+ years of analytical experience
- Leadership of an analytics team
- Strong digital marketing experience and knowledge of digital marketing technologies
- Experience with paid and organic search analytics
- Experience with syndicated measurement tools
- Experience with big data environments
- Experience with Data Management Platforms (e.g., BlueKai, Krux), Demand Side Platforms (e.g, DBM, AOL, Turn), campaign management systems (e.g., Doubleclick DART), and marketing/media technologies
- Experience with Google Analytics, Site Analytics, Google Adwords, etc.
- Experience with Digital Attribution
- Experience with Hive, SQL, MySQL, and/or R programming languages
- Strong influencing, partnering, and negotiating skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver persuasive presentations of complex business issues to senior executives
- Demonstrated ability to quickly gain a conceptual understanding of a complex situation and establish immediate credibility
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) with preferred concentration in Business, Marketing, Economics, Statistics, Finance, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, or a similar analytics field
- MBA or Advanced degree in an analytics field
About Walt Disney World Resort
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.