The Grid Analytics Systems Administrator is accountable for providing overall direction and service ownership for SAS Grid and statistical software solutions. S/he will be responsible for design, development and support of applications including analyzing business needs and translating them into solutions.
- Key representative for service line and maintains active engagement with IT partners, customers (BPO and users), vendors, operational, technical, and PMO groups to understand current/future business needs, document pain points, service drivers, etc.
- Leverage best practices to identify inefficiencies and gaps in current systems and recommend solutions.
- Drive the design and implementation of new business process as needed.
- Develop and promote standard operating procedures.
- Maintain awareness of technology and industry trends sufficient to provide input to selection of technology solutions as well as tools and methodologies.
- Accountable for governance, quality and integrity of systems and solutions.
- Responsible for providing input, reviewing contracts and ensuring compliance.
- Lead and coordinate small or medium projects using standard templates and project management methodologies.
- Facilitate consistent business analysis and design, system optimization, data/integration strategy, optimal performance levels and security and change management processes.
- Develop user acceptance test plan to validate solutions against functional specifications and requirements and review test results.
- Design and coordinate curriculum for coaching and training customers in the use of applications.
- Foster relationships with peers, stakeholders, and leaders in the course of developing solutions and solving problems.
- Communicates status to team members, project manager, stakeholders, vendors, management, customers and BPOs on projects, major incidents, problems, etc. related to service lines.
- Oversee, define and monitor critical path activities and resolve issues or escalate as needed.
- Facilitate regular meetings with the Grid Advisory Team to understand the business needs and continually improve the service.
- Manage time utilization for yourself and work with team to ensure that tasks are completed on or ahead of schedule and that issues are escalated to project or ITS management.
- Manage multiple work assignments and prioritize appropriately.
- Perform application software installations and upgrades, troubleshoot, test, and develop documentation as needed in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all products and services meet organization standards and end-user requirements.
- Responsible for all application-level support.
- Monitor and tune the system to achieve optimum performance levels and report monthly to management and stakeholders.
- Responsible for all aspects of license auditing through regular reporting and review, ensuring software is licensed accurately, and coordinating with appropriate parties for new purchases.
- Interface with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Responsible for all aspects of vendor management.
- Develop, maintain, validate, and run SAS programs.
- Conduct exploratory data analysis and data mining to identify patterns.
- Develop approaches for detecting data trends.
- Ability to perform ad hoc analyses, measure the validity of the results, identify and communicate actionable insights.
- Familiarity with data model design, data warehouse concepts, data modeling, and statistical analysis.
Minimum Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree and 3 years of related experience in SAS software; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Possess an in-depth understanding of statistical software including SAS, SAS Grid, SPSS, Stata, R, Stat Transfer, and experience troubleshooting issues and performing root cause analysis.
- SAS programming experience, knowledge of how SAS products function together in a distributed environment, and data source connectivity to other architectures (Oracle/SQL).
- Understanding basic commands necessary to monitor jobs, performing system monitoring, log analysis, performance analysis, tuning and capacity planning in a Grid environment.
- Experience with negotiating licenses and contracts at SAS.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to listen and communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to obtain proper security clearances as noted by contracts.