At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, Parks & Resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Imagine yourself as a Data Governance Analyst with Data Operations in the People Insights COE where your natural passion for working with data and partnering with others who share that passion for data will help to ensure the company is enabled to make smart business decisions with the best possible human resources data. In this role, you will be able to blaze new paths in this data rich environment through managing the integrity, efficiency, and availability of data. You will have the chance to leverage your expertise and knowledge to maximize the Company’s investment in our employees through complex analysis, compelling storytelling, and creative solutions.
You have a curiosity that leads you to always ask, “What’s possible?” and you have the ability to bring those concepts to reality in everything you touch from simple data documentation to implementation of new policy.
You will write the rest of the chapters because this is YOUR story. And that story could begin here!
- Perform data profiling and database structure research in order to understand relevant data elements along with their definitions and use.
- Participate in data governance policy creation, management, and analyzing potential impacts of policy choices under consideration
- Document and maintain data standards, partnering with functional and business data owners to map existing HR data structures, usage, and common definitions
- Design, build, and execute efficient and accurate control structures to assess data quality and compliance to data governance policy
- Provide consultative support for HR clients, advising on policies, standards, and guidelines
- You are passionate about the benefits of accurate and actionable data, you drive consistency and enjoy partnering with others to accomplish the task
- You are a solutions-oriented critical thinker
- You have deep technical knowledge and experience in data management, data quality, and/or data governance
- You possess the talent for strong influencing and networking skills to help build and foster strong business relationships, leveraging those relationships to seek consensus amongst the Human Resources community on governance matters
- You demonstrate the ability to translate business issues and requirements into actionable plans, and to deliver against those plans
- You have the exceptional ability to make timely and effective decisions to meet fluid deadlines
- You have the capability to work autonomously and make independent decisions to meet deliverables with minimal oversight
- You are passionate about continuous improvement with a strong desire to continue learning in order to stay relevant to business changes and industry trends
- You can effectively handle and maintain confidential information
- You are proficient in SQL with a thorough understanding of data and systems' infrastructures
Company Overview: Data