Do you like using technology to solve wickedly hard problems? Does an impossible task take you a week? Are the cloud, deep learning, and data lakes old news to you? If so, you could grow your brain every day at Corios.
About the Windows Systems Administrator Role
At Corios the Windows Systems Administrator is responsible for the implementation and administration of business systems in on-premise and public cloud environments.
Activities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Administering Windows servers, especially Active Directory and Exchange.
- Automated Windows workstation management.
- Administration of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Provision virtual hardware, storage, networking, and services in the cloud.
- Authentication and authorization administration.
- Ensure proper backup and security processes are in place.
- Administration of anti-virus, disk encryption, and other security software.
- Working knowledge of statistical analytics systems and data stores.
Success in this position will also require:
- An intrinsic motivation to overcome challenges.
- Expertise in troubleshooting wicked technical problems.
- Communication of complex concepts in simple language.
Required Skills and Knowledge
Qualified candidates should possess the following skills and knowledge:
- Operating Systems: Windows
- Public Cloud: AWS
- Programming: PowerShell
- Data stores: working knowledge of MS SQL Server
Preferred Skills and Knowledge
The following skills and knowledge are preferred:
- Operating Systems: Linux
- Public Cloud: Microsoft Azure
- Programming: Bash, Ansible, SQL, SAS, Python, R, Java
- Databases: Oracle, Redshift, Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR
- Certifications: MCSE, AWS
- This position is based at company headquarters in Portland, Oregon. Management's strong preference is for candidates already located within a 50 mile radius.
- 3+ years of experience in a relevant position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Information Systems.
- This position is for full time employment.
- Experience working in a regulated industry (financial services, healthcare, etc.) is a plus.
- Candidates are required to pass a background screen including a criminal history, reference check, and drug screen. Corios is a drug-free employer.
Our clients are leading financial services, energy and retailing companies in North America and around the world. Corios helps our clients make important decisions about customer acquisition, lifecycle marketing, utilization, retention, pricing, delinquency, debt recovery, capacity planning, and financial crime detection and prevention. To meet those objectives, we leverage deep expertise in predictive analytics, statistics, econometrics, forecasting, experimental design and mathematical optimization, and the business processes that leverage those analytical disciplines.
Corios values its employees! Located in downtown Portland near fantastic restaurants and breweries, our team members enjoy convenient access to public transportation, ergonomic sit-stand desks, an open office with loads of ambient light, and a work environment where we enjoy supporting each other along with sharing good laughs and great food.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance 100% employer paid for employees, with the option to extend benefit participation to employee dependents/spouse/partner
- Short-and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance paid 100% by employer
- Simple IRA with company match
- Generous paid time off program
- Flexible work schedules
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Parking/Public transit and gym reimbursement