The Data Conversion Lead is responsible for leading a team that converts our customers’ legacy data to the basys enterprise platform, an essential component to successfully onboard new basys customers and on-board new clients for our TPA customers. The Data Conversion Lead is responsible the on time, on budget, and high-quality delivery of multiple/simultaneous data conversion projects that support the implementation timelines for these initiatives. The lead is expected to have an eye toward continuous improvement on the design, development, maintenance, and support of the data conversion process to meet key project operational metrics as well as basys’ strategic growth objectives.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Functions as a "player-coach" – mentors/monitors the work products of the Data Conversion team while retaining responsibility for design and development of scripts, code, and queries for data quality, translation, conversion, and reporting.
- Collaboratively works with the Project Managers to establish the data conversion timeline for new customer implementations
- Assigns resources and manages the daily tasks of the Data Conversion team to meet timelines and deliverables of multiple projects; operates the team in an Agile-SCRUM manner.
- In collaboration with the implementation project teams, conducts working sessions with clients to gather, understand, and analyze legacy data/data dictionaries to create transformation requirements.
- Acts as an escalation point for post conversion issue triage and resolution.
Required For Success
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience preferred
- 7+ years’ experience with data management, data conversions, and/or software development
- 3+ years’ experience in human capital management
- Experience writing data conversion logic in Java, SQL, Python, etc.
- Experience with ETL tools and databases such as SQL Server; UniData experience is a plus
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodology and ALM tools (Rally or JIRA) preferred
- Ability to take initiative, meet deadlines, prioritize, and lead a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
basys is the recognized leader in developing, deploying and supporting software solutions in the Taft-Hartley industry. We provide an integrated solution suite to make our customers work more efficiently. We are experiencing significant growth and looking to expand our team. Headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, and with employees working across the United States, our highly-skilled technologists collaborate to solve complex business problems and deliver tailored software applications to suit our customers’ business needs.
Our people are vital to our success. We provide opportunity, nurture talent, and develop leaders…
- Imagine a career where you take pride in the work you do.
- The solutions you develop have a direct impact within the industry.
- You are appreciated and acknowledged for going above and beyond the bar that is already set high.
- You receive honest and constructive feedback to propel your career to the next level.
- A place that values diverse backgrounds, experiences and personalities, where humor and laughter are encouraged.
We move fast, take risks, and pride ourselves on staying flexible, fun, and committed to executing each day. If you want to surround yourself with passionate, dedicated people to collaborate in achieving challenging results, choose basys for your next career move and apply today.
Equal Opportunity Employer