The Systems Administrator is part of the team responsible for building and maintaining a robust environment to support our proprietary applications running on the Windows and Linux platforms. This environment includes our internal infrastructure, our hosting environment and the support of over 50 external customers using our applications. A successful Systems Administrator is a highly motivated individual with a strong desire to learn and possesses excellent trouble shooting skills. The Systems Administrator is a strong team player who understands the urgent needs of the customer.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Assist Senior Systems Administrators to install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc., in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled job such as backups
- Provide first line software support for our internal users
- Assist Senior Systems Administrators to apply Operating System patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities; configure / add new services as necessary
- Investigate, analyze, and troubleshoot technical issues
- Take initiative and ownership of tasks and drive them to successful completion
- Keep current with technology and recommend and plan changes as needed
Required For Success
- Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science, Information Systems, Cybersecurity or a similar discipline
- 3+ years of related technical work experience
- Efficient troubleshooting abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows server administration
- Basic understanding of Unix or Linux
- Strong initiative with a desire to learn
- Networking and IT Security experience a plus
basys is the recognized leader in developing, deploying and supporting software solutions in the Taft-Hartley industry. We provide an integrated solution suite to make our customers work more efficiently. We are experiencing significant growth and looking to expand our team. Headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, and with employees working across the United States, our highly-skilled technologists collaborate to solve complex business problems and deliver tailored software applications to suit our customers’ business needs.
Our people are vital to our success. We provide opportunity, nurture talent, and develop leaders…
- Imagine a career where you take pride in the work you do.
- The solutions you develop have a direct impact within the industry.
- You are appreciated and acknowledged for going above and beyond the bar that is already set high.
- You receive honest and constructive feedback to propel your career to the next level.
- A place that values diverse backgrounds, experiences and personalities, where humor and laughter are encouraged.
We move fast, take risks, and pride ourselves on staying flexible, fun, and committed to executing each day. If you want to surround yourself with passionate, dedicated people to collaborate in achieving challenging results, choose basys for your next career move and apply today.
Equal Opportunity Employer