The SEO Analyst will perform Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to support and drive traffic towards Disney Digital Network sites within the new Disney Direct-to-Consumer and International segment.
The SEO Analyst will help manage multiple SEO projects, has well-rounded SEO technical knowledge, is someone who is passionate about online marketing, and has a track record of achieving business goals, all while understanding current SEO technologies and strategies.
Disney Digital Network creates high quality, digital-first stories and delivers them to Millennial and Gen Z audiences through the platforms and influencers they know best. The network, which reaches over one billion followers and publishes more than 6,000 pieces of content every month, is made up of editorial sites, and more than 300 social media channels. DDN includes: Babble, Disney Style, Oh My Disney, Disney Family, Starwars.com, and Disney.com to name a few.
- Diagnose and solve technical SEO issues
- Perform keyword research in coordination with brand business objectives to optimize existing content and uncover new opportunities
- Provide SEO analysis and recommendations in coordination with elements and structure of websites and web pages
- Provide recommendations and strategies for content development in coordination with SEO goals – general and keyword specific
- Implement link building campaigns in coordination with SEO goals
- Keep pace with SEO, search engine, social media and internet marketing industry trends and developments
- Monitor and administer web analytics dashboards, reports and key reporting tools, and point out key areas of importance
- Monitor and evaluate search results and search performance across the major search channels
- Communication to team and management on project development, timelines, and results
- At least 3 years experience in Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience with website analysis using a variety of analytics tools including Google Search Console as well as internal reporting tools
- Experience working with popular keyword tools
- Experience working with CMS and building/administering content in CMS environments
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Up-to-date knowledge of SEO strategies and algorithm changes
- Solid understanding of general online marketing
- Knowledge of API and JS web development
- Knowledge of server and caching technologies
- High attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills
- Reliable communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Organizational and project management skills, including the ability to prioritize and manage multiple deliverables on tight timelines
- Ability to analyze, synthesize, and communicate critical data and adjust strategies as needed
- Strong emotional intelligence
- Team player
- Strong work ethic
- High degree of ownership and accountability
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, and identify and resolve problems
- College degree (or equivalent experience)
About Direct-to-Consumer and International
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.