The Change Consultant will drive and support the business change activities required to underpin Shell’s IT simplification agenda. Shell is focused on aligning and simplifying IT systems to increase customer satisfaction and business value which will drive significant and ongoing change in all parts of the business, supporting the business’ growth agenda. Shell is building an in-house IT Transformational Change Capability that will partner closely with each area of the business to drive and embed IT change. This role, reporting to a Transformational Change Manager, will reside within the Group CIO function. The role is delivery focused and will lead IT-driven business change in a program or project environment.
The primary purpose of the role is to:
- Work on one or multiple change programs, with oversight or leadership from a Transformational Change Manager
- Deploy measurable change management interventions and wider transformational change initiatives, usually in an Agile context
- Support the Transformational Change Managers to build the practice and drive improved ways of working
- Operate, with support where needed across change management, communications
- Work closely and collaboratively with other related departments, OD/OE, Internal Communications, Learning and Continuous Improvement, within Shell to deliver a comprehensive service to the business using agreed methodology
- Equip the business with the skills to better manage and sustain change
- Work on projects to:
- Execute the change management plan
- Build and manage change management deliverables and activities to a business-ready standard
- Ensure that the appropriate change management tools and methods are applied to IT projects
- Partner with other parts of the organization (IC, OD, Learning) to deliver high quality change management interventions
- Work with colleagues to build the Transformational Change capability
- Develop agile mindsets and behaviors
- As a member of the IT Transformational Change practice, create an environment where members feel motivated, engaged, connected, able to perform to high levels and to grow and develop in their roles. This may include Line Manager responsibility.
- Work to develop the Transformational Change practice and facilitate knowledge sharing and capturing of good practice, and work to build and retain knowledge of external best practice (both in change management and technology more broadly).
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience
- Working knowledge of change management for IT solutions
- Understanding of change management approaches
- Proven track record of building strong stakeholder relationships at different organizational levels
- Able to produce high quality business-facing deliverables and activities to drive and sustain change
- Resilient and able to manage challenge and resistance
- Results/outcomes oriented, business value focused
- Confident and able to work in high-ambiguity work environment
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills