The Systems Engineer GeoSigns is end-to-end responsible for the operations of the landscapes and the delivery of the day-to-day application services according to the agreed Service Levels and/or Operate Level Agreements. They are the day-to-day service integrator (end-to-end) to ensure applications landscapes remain compliant.
The Systems Engineer drives Incident/Problem resolution by assisting in key operational activities in terms of delivery, fixes, and supportability with operations staff and/suppliers. They ensure regulatory and compliance controls are embedded in landscape operations and assist with evidence collection.
The Systems Engineer assists with supportability and transition activities of enhancements and project solutions. This includes analyzing and understanding business functional and non-functional requirements for supportability impact, as well as assessing implications of landscape changes and reviewing for enhancement and continuous improvement opportunities. They also build knowledge of relevant information risks and regulatory requirements.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Minimum 4-year degree in computer science, data science, or other closely related field from a recognized University or Institution.
- Minimum one (1+) years of IT experience in a corporate setting.
- Proven IT Infrastructure skills covering Windows Server and/or Linux administration.
- Oracle on Linux and/or SQL Server on Windows
- Experience with middleware administration and configuration (Web applications on IIS, Tomcat, Active Directory, Kerberos KDC, DNS)
- Experience with Python scripting (optional PowerShell)
- Strong collaboration and engagement skills using both spoken and written English which are customer focused with pro-active end-to-end responsivity attitude while able to work with various specialized multinational support teams and suppliers to bring complex requests or problems to timely resolution; Requires strong willingness to learn, improve and share knowledge
- In-depth analytical and troubleshooting skills on a variety of platforms with the ability to clearly identify various components of the services and reported issues.