The Healthcare Association of New York State (HANYS) is currently seeking a full-time Senior Healthcare Informatics Analyst to join our Economics, Finance & Informatics team. This position reports to the Director, Informatics and will be primarily responsible for:
- Analyzing health care data to assist in the development of:
- economic and financial models
- research and development studies
- health care quality and efficiency models
- Visualizing analytical results in Tableau and/or other data visualization tools
- Analyzes internal datasets to improve HANYS operations
Our ideal candidate will have a strong degree of professionalism with advanced skills in communication as well as the ability to perform effectively with minimal supervision, to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and make substantive contributions to division and organization excellence.
- A four-year degree in healthcare/epidemiology, finance, economics, mathematics, data analytics, informatics or computer science. An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to satisfactorily perform the duties of the job may be substituted
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in a position involving the application of techniques of economic analysis, statistics, financial, and/or information analysis required (preferably in a health-related field)
- Demonstrated analytical skill and ability to think strategically required
- Experience in communicating analytical results to internal/external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability in validation of data analyses
- Strong analytic, problem-solving, and math skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with external clients and internal teams
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multi-task
- SQL and/or SAS for analyzing large data sets is preferred
- Knowledge of database structure and queries
- Experience with Alteryx and/or Tableau is a plus
- Knowledge of healthcare claims data elements/structure preferred
- Working knowledge of industry coding (ICD-9/ICD-10, CPT/HCPCS) preferred
We offer the opportunity to work for a Capital Region Top Employer* with competitive compensation and benefits package, including 401(k) Plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer – race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation.
*As designated by the Times Union’s Top Workplaces program and employee survey since 2012