Hilton is creating a best-in-class Data and Analytics department that will lead a connected ecosystem of data, technology, tools, techniques, people and processes. This innovative data & analytics function will drive advanced analytics and actionable insights to help drive Hilton's performance.
What will I be doing?
The Data Science Team serves as internal advanced analytics consultants to key functions across Hilton's business, bringing predictive and prescriptive analytics through Machine Language (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI). The team consists of data scientists, advanced analytics modelers, and data engineers, working closely with other Data & Analytics (DNA) teams, as well as Product Team partners.
Working with the Senior Director, Data Science, you will be directly influencing the creation and delivery of products and services that help Hilton's mission to create heartfelt experiences for our customers. You will be an ambassador bringing values of big data to fruition and serving as the primary resource for building advanced analytics models for Hilton's customer initiatives, including but not limited to propensity modeling, customer centric pricing, loyalty, user experience, next best action, search optimization, direct marketing, and Internet of Things (IoT - connected room) initiatives.
More specifically, you will:
- Work closely with business and technical teams to capture, analyze and understand business requirements, translating activities and business objectives into parameters for analytical models.
- Design, document, develop, code, and test advanced analytics models into scalable advanced analytics solutions in a big data environment.
- Partner collaboratively with other functional teams to access data elements, understanding the data being analyzed, and identifying improvement opportunities for the data ingestion process.
- Perform analysis on existing data, suggest new potential data sets to identify and foster innovative advanced analytics opportunities.
- Facilitate and identify repeatable testing strategies for measuring results produced by analytics models.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for problem solvers who are passionate about data and who love to have the chance to create improvements to data management. We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Self-starter, well organized, and an assertive teammate willing to take ownership of responsibilities with a high level of positive energy and drive
- Excellent time management and project management skills that contribute to leading multiple priorities, working well under time constraints and effectively handling concurrent demands to prioritize responsibilities
- Effective communicator, collaborator, influencer and solution seeker across a variety of opinions
- Self-starter, detail-oriented and assertive team player, willing to take ownership of responsibilities, and possess a high level of integrity and positive attitude preferred
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Three (3) years of professional experience
- Two (2) years of hands-on experience in designing and implementing real-time statistical models and machine learning algorithms for scalable production environments
- One (1) year of experience in a full life-cycle analytics model environment, including development, deployment and maintenance efforts
- Exceptional problem solving capabilities, including analytical, quantitative and statistical skills
- Solid experience with programming skills: R, Python, Spark/Scala, Java, C/C++ and SQL
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master's Degree
- Two (2) years of hands-on experience in optimization, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, and/or deep learning
- Two (2) years of hands-on experience working on projects related to Personalization, Sales and Marketing, Customer Analytics, Digital Analytics, and/or Loyalty
- Exposure to IoT technology
- Knowledge of data structure and management, Business Intelligence (BI) and dashboard reporting in a big data environment
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!