Harris is an international communications and information technology company serving government and commercial markets in more than 100 countries. Headquartered in Melbourne, Florida, the company has approximately $6 billion of annual revenue and about 17,000 employees — including 7,700 engineers and scientists. Harris is dedicated to developing best-in-class assured communications products, systems, and services. Additional information about Harris Corporation is available at harris.com.
There is a new Operations Tier 2 Engineering opening supporting an operational customer system. This is an advanced technical position, responsible for maintaining an operational Data Exchange (DEX) IaaS Cloud System supporting the customer’s Information Management program.
- Responsible for the support and maintenance of an Operational customer system across multiple domains.
- Troubleshooting layers 1-7 of operational services, operational infrastructure and customer server connections.
- Coordination and ultimate resolution of Operational issues including services outages, impairments, and degradations.
- Creation of Maintenance Requests including impact analysis, coordination, and sign-off.
- Accepting newly accepted services from the System Test team.
- On-ramping and troubleshooting accepted services with end users / customers including delivering credentials/connection forms.
- Involved in emerging requirements, designs for future services and capabilities.
- Identification of new requirements to aimed at improving issue detection, isolation, and resolution.
- Reviewing daily status of the health of operational system’s Infrastructure and Services.
- Designing reports in the Oracle Enterprise Manager application.
- Finding valid metrics and creating reports to monitor health of services and infrastructure
- Interfacing with Tier 1 NOCC support, Network Engineering Support, and Security Support.
- BSEE, BSCE or BSCS with Networking focus required; or equivalent work experience and a minimum of 4+ year’s relevant networking experience.
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in the Linux OS (RHEL/CentOS).
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Solid/above average understanding of networking and systems, ability to learn layer 1-7 interworking in a COTS environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Understanding of ticket management, scheduled maintenance processes and procedures.
- Adhere to deadlines and complete tasks on-schedule.
- Work well in a diverse team environment and with customers.
- Ability to write clear and concise technical procedures.
- Support on-call responsibilities and work after-hours as required.
- Ability to develop and follow detailed instructions and action plans for service restoral activities.
- Ability to impart knowledge and train others.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- SQL, Java, Shell Script, XML, Python.
- Familiarity of Agile software development and the systems engineering lifecycle.
- Knowledge of JMS Messaging, Web Services, ActiveMQ, Solace.
This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a FAA security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.