This Systems Administrator will be working with Systems and Networks administration for our office in Dulles, VA. Successful candidate will excel in supporting the technical requirements of the Engineering Group and will be responsible for maintaining security posture, maintaining current systems and adding new functionality. This Systems Admin will work with the systems design and development team to create and build systems, resolve security issues, troubleshoot and ensure conformance of products to specifications. This Engineer will debug, analyze and verify products meet functional and performance requirements.
Responsibilities will include though not limited to the following:
- Research and recommend innovative or automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Perform system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Cyber Security: Security scans/remediation/compliance reporting, Vulnerability assessment/monitoring/reporting/tools, Incident response, Audit/inspection support, Directives/orders compliance, and Access control.
- Technical Administration: Install/configure/patch/upgrade assigned systems, System monitoring utilizing enterprise tools, Performance tuning/troubleshooting, Application support including application/web administration, Account management, Backup/recovery, Automation/scripting, Storage configuration (manage/allocate growth), Monitoring (events, logs, system health), Virtualization, and Clustering
- Builds and maintains solid working relationships with internal and external customers
- Make recommendations for future upgrades
- Familiarity with network and security tools and applications like Antivirus, SELinux, SCAP, Nessus
- Troubleshoot problems reported by users and analyze and isolate issues
- Monitor networks to ensure security
- Linux system performance monitoring and fine-tuning experience
- Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security
- Knowledge of common secure LAN/WAN infrastructure configurations
- Design and deploy networks; Maintain network servers such as file servers, and VPN gateways
- Experience managing large scale network address assignments (e.g. private class A)
- Administer servers, laptop and desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, software deployment, security updates and patches
- Ensure design of system allows all components to work properly together.
- Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems
- Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- At least 5 years of experience with Red Hat 6.x and 7.x experience is required
- Knowledge of security features and hardening RHEL
- Knowledge of Linux advance networking. (Using iptables and other Linux IP tools)
- Extensive commercial Scripting experience (e.g. Bash, Python or Perl)
- Web Application Server support experience (e.g. Apache)
- System and Network Monitoring experience (e.g. Icinga, Nagios, Elk, Cacti)
- Active Top-Secret security clearance required, TS-SCI preferred
- Network Appliance Configuration/Management (Firewalls, Routers, Switches)
- MySQL, MARIA DB Experience
- Experience with Network Design and Implementation, Network Troubleshooting, Network Hardware configuration, Network performance monitoring.
- Experience selecting, deploying and maintaining automated test tools and environments
- Experience with virtualization hypervisors (e.g. ESXi, VirtualBox, Proxmox)
Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement