- Perform the technical planning, system integration, verification and validation
- Ensure the logical and systemic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements, and allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Perform Cost, Risk, and Supportability and Effectiveness analyses for total systems (concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance & disposal)
- Work in a highly dynamic hardware & software development and integration lab
- Support technical proposals, including decomposition of customer requirements into a system architecture/design, technical writing, technical risk management, cost estimating, etc.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering or other related field.
- Technical principles, theories and concepts of basic RF transmitter, receiver, and antenna design principles
- 4+ years of relevant work experience is required
- Experience with RF Source and measurement instruments (i.e. Spectrum analyzer, Vector Analyzer) Probability, statistics, random processes, communications theory, estimation theory, digital signal processing
- Knowledge of embedded processors and digital hardware
- Basic understanding of technical principles, theories and concepts of RF transmitter, receiver, and antenna design principles
- Basic understanding of Software components including firmware, operating systems, drivers, applications and other computing system software
- Basic understanding of hardware components including electrical equipment, digital processing hardware (ASIC, CPLD, FPGA), circuit boards, microprocessor systems, computer system architectures and interfaces
- MS in Electrical Engineering, or other related field
- Understanding of applicable programming and scripting languages for analysis and test (such as MATLAB, Excel/VBA, and programming languages such as C/C++, Perl, Python)
- Signal and measurement instruments (i.e. Spectrum Analyzer, Oscilloscope, Logic Analyzer, Signal Generators, etc.)
- Understanding of the Systems Engineering requirements of DoD Directive 5000.01 Defense Acquisition System
- Working knowledge of SysML and/or Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) principles for System Level design of EW components.
This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance in order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.