Excellent opportunity for experienced an Engineering Manager to join our dynamic team at Surveillance Solutions, Electronic Systems - a segment of the Harris Corporation located in Van Nuys, CA.
Surveillance Solutions provides enabling technologies for situational awareness in land, sea and air delivering identification, analysis and precision approach of platforms in the area of interest. Through active radar technologies and passive detection solutions, Surveillance Solutions allows for complete battlespace control.
Individual will be a valuable member of the senior staff, site lead and primary point of contact with all other departments. Will be responsible for leading, developing and managing the multi-disciplined engineering operations which consists of the Software and Systems departments.
- Plans and directs the activities of a group of Systems and Software engineers developing complex engineering projects for the Electronic Warfare and Avionics Business Unit teams located in Van Nuys, CA.
- Provides technical guidance and leadership to subordinate engineers.
- Maintains proper staffing levels and expertise to meet business objectives.
- Develops and conducts work programs in accordance with company's policies, priorities, and budget constraints.
- Manages and/or develops budgets for assigned function or department including operating requirements and equipment and material purchases.
- Provides technical oversight and assistance to other departments as required.
- Provides guidance to subordinates based on organizational goals and company policy. Work is reviewed in terms of meeting the organization's objectives and schedules.
- Establishes operating policies and procedures that affect subordinate organizational units. Interprets, executes and recommends modifications to organizational policies.
- Accomplishes results through subordinate supervisors or exempt specialist employees.
- Meets functional requirements of staffing, training, talent development, engagement, retention and overall management of the department.
- Acts as an advisor to subordinate supervisors or staff members to meet schedules or resolve technical or operational problems.
- Directly participates in establishing and administering many centralized functional projects.
- Oversees the establishment and execution of projects aimed at organizational and program cost savings.
- Develops and administers budgets, schedules and performance standards.
- Exerts influence in the development of overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization.
- Erroneous decisions or recommendations would normally result in critical delays and modifications to projects or operations; cause substantial expenditure of additional time, resources and funds; and jeopardize future business activity.
- Frequent contacts with equivalent level managers and customer representatives concerning projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, contractual clarifications, talent development and retention.
- Conducts briefings and technical meetings for internal and external representatives.
- Is involved in multiple programs simultaneously and is held accountable for the functional execution performance on all programs.
- Ensures that all required resources, such as engineering, production and computer time, are available for the program(s).
- Oversees organization budgets and schedules prepared and managed by subordinate staff. Serves as primary contact for organization information.
- Develops staff to improve overall program execution.
- Conducts training and/or team meetings.
- Organizes project and task workloads.
- Ensures timelines and goals are met. Mentors lower-level colleagues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical field
- 12 years of technical program-related experience in a government contracting environment
- 12 years of experience leading/managing technical inter-disciplinary project teams and programs (10 years with a Master’s degree)
- Must possess extensive knowledge of a specialized engineering field.
- Radar, and or EW or ESM systems knowledge is a plus.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.