Harris Corporation is seeking a self-motivated engineer to join our software test engineering team to deliver mission critical solutions for a variety of customers at our Columbia, MD location.
- Design, develop, evaluate, and use custom test scripts/procedures to evaluate the effectiveness, readiness, and compliance of custom developed software in both hosted and embedded environments
- Configure network equipment such as routers and switches in support of software testing
- Document test procedures, results/bugs, generate test reports and generate presentations and support customer reviews covering the software validation
- Support development efforts thru proposals and research efforts
- Recommends and implements efficiency/coverage improvements to the software test process to include modifying procedures, scripts, and documentation.
- Work with developers to troubleshoot issues/bugs with products and tests.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience.
- At least 5 years of experience configuring Cisco routers, switches, firewalls
- At least 2 years of experience with basic networking skills (OSI layers, TCP/UDP/IP/ARP)
- At least 5 years of experience with Windows, Linux, VMWare
- At least 4 years of experience with scripting languages (Python, Perl, Bat), and network monitoring tools (Wireshark, SNMP)
- BSEE, BSCE, BSCS or related degree
- Must be a US Citizen with an active Top Secret clearance
- Must meet stringent customer driven security screening requirements
- Knowledge of embedded hardware
- Basic knowledge of RF
- Basic knowledge of C and other programming languages
- Experience with software test and integration and use of static code analysis tools
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.