The Senior Test Engineer will work with the development team to define an overall system test approach, resolve gaps in the existing test environment, certify key performance parameters, define and track metrics relating to project productivity and product quality and ultimately ensure conformance of products to their specification and end user CONOPS.
Responsibilities will include though not limited to the following:
- Perform tasks in support of the development of our real-time embedded communication devices and other systems
- Responsible for initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing testing activities using formal test and project management methodology
- Work closely with development team to develop detailed test strategies and schedules including goals, risks, and resource allocation
- Oversee and critique the roll out of test plans
- Assist in developing and improving testing methodologies, tools, procedures and policies
- Coaches and mentors System Integration and Test team members on formal test methodologies
- Builds and maintains solid working relationships with internal and external customers
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience; or, Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with embedded communications systems testing
- At least 5 years of experience in a test environment, performing deployment and configuration, supporting complete verification/certification of complex product technical requirements
- At least 5 years of experience analyzing unit(s) under test and developing comprehensive systems approach
- At least 9 years of formal test experience is required
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Active SECRET or above Government security clearance
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Government Top Secret security clearance
- Familiarity with electronic test equipment (Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzer)
- Working knowledge of Atlassian products such as JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket and add-ons such as Xray test management tools
- Experience with testing of RF communication circuits
- Experience selecting, deploying and maintaining automated test tools and environments
- Experience developing and/or deploying and integrating simulation capabilities to support external subsystem dependencies
Please be aware this position requires an active Secret Security Clearance.
US Security Clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group