Harris is seeking a Digital Hardware Engineer for Amityville, NY location. Successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter responsible for the design of military electronic hardware with a strong digital logic background including VHDL coded FPGA design and high speed digital design. This is an opportunity to take on unique challenges, expand your skills and experience, and contribute to mission critical electronic warfare solutions that help protect war fighters for the U.S.A. and our allies.
You will join a great team of talented professionals who take a collaborative approach and enjoy working together.
We are a company on the move, with more than five decades of innovative and exceptional performance; we have earned our place as a trusted provider to our customers.
Successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter responsible for the design of military electronic hardware with a strong digital logic background including VHDL coded FPGA design and high speed digital design. Positions are available in Amityville, NY and Clifton, NJ; flexibility to travel to Clifton, NJ.
- Designs new or modifies existing products, develops technical specifications for production, analyzes hardware configuration and processing
- Perform FPGA Design: Architecture, Algorithms, VHDL code generation, VHDL simulation, Synthesis and Device Implementation & Constraints, System Integration and Test.solutions, and tests hardware conformance to specifications.
- Perform FPGA Design: Architecture, Algorithms, VHDL code generation, VHDL simulation, Synthesis and Device Implementation & Constraints, System Integration and Test
- Design and development of advanced digital signal processing techniques and algorithms for ESM signal processing/characterization and ECM waveform modulation/synthesis using FPGA/DSP technologies.
- Design Low/ Med Complexity Circuit Card Assemblies (CCA) and Med / Hi Complexity Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) starting from System De-composition and completing through System Integration and Test FPGA: Mentor Graphics HDL Designer, ModelSim/Questa, Synopsis Synplicity, Xilinx ISE,Xilinx Zync Ultrascale, Xilinx Vivado, Altera Quartus
- A BSEE (MSEE preferred) and minimum 6+ years of FPGA design experience are required.
- 5+ years' experience with the Xilinx ISE, Microsemi, Altera design environment for end to end design development including CoreGen (DSP, Ethernet, PCI, Rocket IO, and high speed transceiver cores), PlanAhead, Timing Analyzer, Power Estimator, etc.
- 3+ years' experience writing thorough VHDL Test Benches for design verification using ModelSim as well as effective constraints files to achieve timing closure.
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain US DoD secret clearance.
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Experience and knowledge in schematic capture symbol generation, CCA layout and critical nets best practices.
- Familiarity with HDL Designer.
- Experience with Allegro Signal Integrity Analysis tools and simulation.
- Familiarity with embedded processing, Virtex FPGA platforms, DSP, A/D and D/A converters, and hardware communication over a high speed PCI/cPCI/VME interface.
- Working knowledge of standard bench-top test equipment and the ability to conduct hardware verification and debug.
- Methodical and detail oriented approach to problem solving as well as excellent written and oral communication skills is essential.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.