Harris Corporation is seeking a Systems Reliability, Maintainability, Supportability (RMS) Engineer to support activities for Avionics business unit in Amityville, NY. Job responsibilities will involve complex electronics, mechanical, electro-mechanical and pneumatic subsystems.
- Develop, coordinate and conduct technical RMS studies and evaluations of engineering designs relative to reliability predictions, safety, FMECA, parts selection and control, testability, and failure reporting and corrective action resolution in accordance with a military/aerospace requirement.
- Analyze Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analyses in accordance with MIL-STD-1629 tasks and/or SAE ARP5580.
- Reliability prediction experience using MIL-HDBK-217, Telcordia, NSWC-98/LE1, and/or PRISM.
- Parts Control including GIDEP and DMS.
- Parts Stress Derating.
- Fault Tree Analysis.
- Testability and BIT coverage analyses.
- System Safety Hazard Analysis (military programs) MIL-STD 882
- Analysis of logistics elements such as Spares Provisioning, Level of Repair Analysis and/or Life Cycle Cost analysis.
- Bachelor's Degree in ME, EE, SW, Math, Physics or related engineering field is required.
- 1+ years of experience working within the guidelines of RMS Government Specifications, Handbooks and applications.
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Experience with reliability analysis of aircraft and space equipment, military and commercial.
- Experience with reliability prediction software- e.g. RELEX.
- Interest in forensic engineering, failure analysis, root cause and corrective action.
- Desirable to have a diversified background in the areas of Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic, Electro-Mechanical, and Safety Engineering fields.
- A background in complex Military or Aerospace systems is a benefit.
- Knowledge of software reliability and software reliability models is a plus.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and written, and be able to develop and write technical analysis reports and plans.
- Superior analytical, problem-solving, oral/written communication and PC skills are all essential.
- Proficiency with MS Excel, and MS Office application software.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.