Disney’s Workload Analyst applies technical, statistical and analytical skills to develop efficient and accurate workload calculations for all Resort and/or Parks locations for multiple Lines of Business. Analysis required includes forecasting, regressions, and end-to-end impact calculations. Analysis will be done for multiple purposes including: operational projects, strategic projects, ad hoc requests, what-if analyses, and methodology redesigns. Assignments are more project based than ongoing sustainment. Business partners include Operations Leadership, Industrial Engineering, Finance, and Casting to develop creative solutions to meet calculated labor needs to staff each position throughout each day to provide desired Guest experience within budget. A successful Workload Analyst must possess a great attention to detail, passion and curiosity to understand the “why” behind performance, and ability to create and support a story based on quantitative findings.
This role may have direct reports.
- Provide quick and reasonable approach and effort estimates during project planning
- Use a comprehensive set of statistical techniques to conduct rigorous business analyses and scenario planning, and develop sustainable algorithms and models
- Conduct accurate analyses to calculate workload needs and labor bridge impacts for assigned projects
- Outline and clearly explain approach and methodology
- Use results of analysis to clearly lay out appropriate options and recommendations for decision making
- Confidently present to leadership to help influence change
- Proactively identify methodology updates needed; own and manage revision project. Work with a variety of partners to implement new methodologies
- Project manage small projects and work streams of large projects, including effective communication and escalation
- Create and update tools to help measure effectiveness of transaction forecasting, workload development, and staffing optimization
- Leverage a solid understanding of the principles of workforce management operations and analytics
- Support teammates by sharing subject matter expertise and collaborating on analytics approach, design, and/or calculations
- Contribute to design, create test plans, and conduct testing for new Workload systems
- Provide leadership to Statistical Associates in day to day analysis and support work including analysis validation, issue resolution, escalation, operational monitoring, and documentation standards
- Consistently provide mentoring and ongoing coaching and development to Statistical Associates
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated creativity to approach problems in new, innovative ways
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of mathematical and statistical analysis methods and real-world application
- Experience with capacity/demand analysis and modeling techniques using multiple data sources
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and data manipulation and analysis tools
- Demonstrated exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to translate analytical results into clear, story-based presentations to share with non-technical and technical audiences
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to manage tight deadlines; proven ability to successfully manage multiple tasks or projects at once, especially in dynamic environments
- Anticipates business impacts
- Proven partnering and relationship-building skills
- Positive change agent
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to maintain and build client relationships
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Requires minimal direction and knows when to seek out information or elevate issues to a leader
- Resolve conflicts effectively
- Coordinates across multiple teams to achieve desired outcomes
- Workforce Management, Operations Leadership experience and/or Cast scheduling
- Expertise in Python, R, Tableau, Arena
- Four year college degree in Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Simulation, or related field
- Advanced degree in related field preferred
About Walt Disney World Resort
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.