Disney Parks, Experiences, and Consumer Products (DPECP) brings stories, characters and franchises to life through Parks & Resorts, toys, apps, apparel, books, and stores. As Walt said, “You can dream, create, and design the most wonderful place in the world…but it takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt Disney Parks & Resorts is an industry leader in labor management, empowering best-in-class Cast Members to deliver Disney’s legendary Guest service. The Labor Systems team provides holistic system strategy, optimization, and support for all labor and workforce management systems across domestic sites.
The Data & Analytics Manager will lead the sustainment & project teams responsible for optimizing the data and information strategy across Workforce Management and Labor Systems organizations. A broad foundation of analytical, technical, integration, and collaboration skills are required to advance data and information platforms. This role will lead overarching data advancement in tandem with planned capital projects – all with domestic site-wide implications to support Cast satisfaction, Guest experience, and business impact.
- Lead the research and design effort for future state data and information strategy across all workforce systems, in tandem with planned capital projects and system enhancements.
- Understand the high-level big picture technology strategies, recognizing project connectivity across Labor Systems/Workforce Management, and across the larger WDW and DLR sites with potential implications to data and information flow.
- Lead the transformation of data management and governance across Labor Systems and Workforce Management teams domestically. Identify, resolve, and troubleshoot issues with current data structure and governance.
- Lead integration efforts with key business and technology stakeholders – including Information Advantage, Solution Engineering, Technology, Workforce Management, Operations, LOB partners, HRIS, People Strategies, etc.
- Lead collaboration with system end-users (front-line Cast and Leader representatives) as well as analytical end-users (Workforce Management and Labor Systems teams) to understand opportunities for new capabilities in information, data, and reporting. Develop proof of concept toolsets to put information in the hands of “the right people at the right time”.
- Develop strategic documents to articulate and visually display data and information strategy.
- Lead change management efforts related to data and information process changes.
- Lead a team of full-time sustainment and project analysts including coaching and development.
- Demonstrated strong technical experience in complex data sets, data connections, system functionality, operational reporting, and data analysis
- Strong business planning, communication and time management skills
- Substantial partnering and influencing skills with the ability to work with leaders at all levels to coordinate team efforts
- Experienced leader of direct reports with demonstrated ability to coach and develop a team to achieve personal and professional milestones.
- Strong systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment and to work effectively within a matrix organization and project environment (e.g. Agile)
- Must have ability to work independently and make decisions with minimal guidance while managing multiple tasks and projects
- Proficient in data visualization and reporting tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Alteryx, Business Objects)
- Familiarity with query/programing languages (e.g. SQL, SAS, Python, Java, R) and analytics software (e.g. Apache Spark, Gurobi, SAS)
- Proficient in multiple query/programing languages (e.g. SQL, SAS, Python, Java, R) and analytics software (e.g. Apache Spark, Gurobi, SAS).
- Familiarity with workforce management/labor concepts
- Project experience with upstream/downstream data integration and reporting requirements/capabilities
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Graduate degree in Business Administration, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
About Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.