Consumer Insight, Measurement & Analytics (CIMA) is part of the Global Marketing & Sales organization within Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. CIMA influences decision making with integrated, objective, and actionable insights.
Within CIMA, the Consumer Insight, Social Media Analytics team drives value by developing a deep understanding of consumers and Guests within social media environments that is leveraged to identify improvement opportunities and influence key strategies across the business.
A Day in the Life:
- Analyzing social media data through social listening tools and manual tagging methods
- Utilize query building to discover, analyze, and synthesize social media conversation data around Disney Parks and Resorts brands into reports that effectively communicate social media insight to partners
- Maintain internal database of catalogued reports and investigate trends
- Provide data mining and statistical analysis to address key business issues, make recommendations accordingly, and produce regular (e.g., weekly, monthly, quarterly) reports for key recurring metrics
What You Bring to the Role:
- Proven ability in Microsoft Excel, Word, Pages and Keynote (Mac)
- Strong writing skills with the ability to synthesize large amounts of data, put together insights and present a story
- Proven competency across social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Tumblr, Google+, Snapchat, and Pinterest
- Experience using Boolean Search Language
- Ability to develop expertise in complex keyword search expressions, linguistic operators and qualifiers, pattern detection, and regular expressions
- Familiarity with text analytics techniques such as topic modeling, content categorization, sentiment analysis, and entity extraction
- Proven self-starter and ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Fluent language abilities in Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel; Interest in math and/or statistics a plus
- Experience using Social Listening tools
- Experience in SAS Contextual Analysis, or other text analytics tools
- Current Senior or higher obtaining (or recently graduated with) a degree in Marketing, Economics, Psychology, Statistics, Business or other related field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from June 2019 through January 2020.
- Required Materials: Resume and transcripts must be uploaded at time of online application.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
- Housing: A limited number of housing is available for Florida based participants. Interns are able to sign up for housing once they have accepted an internship offer.
About Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.