This position is responsible for maintaining data sanctity by taking ownership of data management process across multiple systems and providing the business acumen to monitor data quality, maintaining business rules and providing cross-functional support on data management related projects. This role will be a trusted advisor to the commercial organization on everything data management. This role would also entail being the business owner of Cloud strategy and execution for the commercial operations group.
Core job responsibilities include:
- Own data management work streams from end to end which includes fidelity in operations of data warehouse as well as governance process around it.
- Identify, prioritize and execute tools and capabilities needed for downstream users which includes analytics teams and other sales operations teams
- Lead cloud strategy from commercial operations team representing all commercial analytics teams
- Influence the design of the analytics tech stack with end users needs and perspectives in mind
- Work closely with other team members of the Data strategy team to lead and maintain data catalog along with business rules repository for Gilead data assets
- Lead the effort for clear use cases for tools that would be active on top of Gilead data infrastructure
- Vendor management for the operations part of cloud maintenance and business rule application.
- Creates, Design and maintain data quality dashboards for commercial data management processes
- Manages and provides oversight for data onboarding, data staging, data processing process
- Facilitates business rules discussions with cross-functional Analytics teams and other stakeholders
- Document and Maintain central Business Rules repository
Business owner for onboarding of pharma commercial data (like IQVIA, SHA etc.) into Gilead’s Commercial Data Warehouse
- Partners with IT, Analytics and other Commercial Operations stakeholders on building key Commercial systems and processes such as Commercial Data Warehouse
- Explore new technologies to innovate and help other team members in areas of data investigations, data conflicts, manual data steward queue etc.
- Manage sustainment requests and prioritization for data warehouse and reporting updates across franchises
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to drive large and complex cross-functional projects and sustain them long term.
- Strong working knowledge of relevant software systems (e.g. MS Excel, Access, MS Word & PowerPoint, etc.) is required
Knowledge of SQL, and/or other BI tools (MicroStrategy, Tableau, etc.) is required
- Ability to work with and coordinate demands from multiple internal customers; highly collaborative
- Demonstrated excellence in strategic and tactical analysis and proactive planning.
- Ability to recognize and interpret business issues/opportunities and recommend solutions through analysis.
- Ability to present complex information in an accurate and persuasive manner to all levels of management.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical and qualitative information to non-technical executives through interpersonal, verbal, and written channels.
- Deep knowledge of pharmaceutical data (specialty pharmacy, wholesaler data, Symphony and IQVIA offerings, etc.) and systems (CRM, Customer Master, Data Warehouse, Sample systems, etc.)
Understanding/awareness of the Pharmaceutical business model (Product Development, Marketing, Sales, Sales Operations, Marketing Analytics, Medical Affairs, Contracting etc)
- Cloud implementation experience from a business perspective highly desired.
- Experience Implementing / leading a tech stack for analytics is highly desirable.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Finance or related field
5-7 years of relevant experience in sales/marketing analysis, statistical analysis, preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- Masters, MBA preferred.
- Previous Sales Operations/Data Strategy and/or Business Technology experience preferred.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact careers @ gilead dot com for assistance.