The role of Principal Systems Engineer is to implement & manage leading Cybersecurity solutions to protect Fidelity Systems & Data. This role involves designing, engineering, and implementing Data Loss Prevention solutions for critical infrastructure components with a key focus on cloud computing. This role offers significant exposure to Enterprise Systems & Network Architecture, opportunities to evaluate, implement & lead Outstanding Cyber Tools and Technologies and develop a deep understanding of industry-leading Cybersecurity practices used by Fidelity.
Enterprise Cybersecurity (ECS) sets Fidelity’s strategy, policy, and standards for the security of and operations in cyberspace. We focus on threat reduction, vulnerability reduction, deterrence, international engagement, incident response, resiliency, and recovery policies and activities. This role is within the Systems Engineering Chapter Area that supports ECS Product Lines in implementing & leading outstanding Cybersecurity solutions to protect Fidelity Systems & Data.
The Expertise You Have
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent technology subject area.
- 10+ years of in a distributed IT Engineering and/or support function is required.
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability with implementing, and leading Networking and Proxy Server environment
- Expertise in Cloud proxy solution engineering (Zscaler, Symantec WSS,iBoss, etc)
- In depth knowledge of TCP, HTTP, Websockets, SSL/TLS, Modern Authentication(SAML, OAuth), Legacy Authentication (NTLM, Kerberos)
- Experience with PAC File functions, SSL Interception on web sessions for ICAP/DLP inspection, familiarity with SD-WAN, Routing/Switching, engineering customer connectivity / onboarding based on requirements, consulting with customers on standard methodologies and options, and Business to Customer as well as Business to Business connectivity
- Experience with CASB products and solutions and Microsoft Cloud App Security (MCAS) is desired.
- A cloud foundations certification (MS Azure / AWS) is highly preferred.
- A cyber security certification such as CISSP an advantage
The Skills You Bring
- Solid grasp of supporting operating systems: Windows Servers and/or Linux.
- Keen understanding of how TCP/IP networks function (protocols, ports, proxy log analysis, DNS etc.,).
- Familiarity with ITIL or another IT service management framework.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Documentation of sophisticated technologies and topologies based on security-based practices
- Management of life cycle for various technologies within the technology space
The Value You Deliver
- Daily news stories describe cyber breaches and the ways that companies and individuals are victimized.
- To protect our customers and Fidelity's reputation, it is imperative that the firm and all associates take protective steps.
The Insider Threat Engineering team within Enterprise Cybersecurity does just that - working every day to ensure that Fidelity and our customers stay safe.