Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Do you want to make an impact on the world’s largest e-commerce website? Are you interested in building performance efficient, high-volume and highly scalable distributed systems? We have a place for you!
We are looking for a full stack software engineer to work in Risk product development team, who is responsible for managing seller and buyer risk in eBay market place. As a self-motivated and enthusiastic member of our team, you will work with extremely talented peers in a fun environment building world class risk products. You will work in an agile environment with a focus on problem solving and engineering excellence.
- Build solutions using your strong background in distributed systems, and large scale database systems.
- Research, analyze, design, develop and test the solutions that are appropriate for the business and technology strategies.
- Participate in design discussions, code reviews and project related team meetings.
- Work with other engineers, Architecture, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet business needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules and adherence to development principles and product goals.
- Develop technical & domain expertise and apply to solving product challenges.
- 4+ years of software design and development experience, solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Excellent knowledge in practicing OOAD, architectural and design patterns, open source platforms, frameworks, technologies and software engineering methodologies.
- Hands-on experience in Java/J2EE, XML, Web technologies, Web Services, Design Patterns, and OOA/D.
- Experience in Node.JS, CubeJs, Oracle/ Mongodb (or other NOSQL db’s), REST, Event Source, Web Sockets, HTML5, CSS3, RWD, JQuery is highly desirable.
- Experience with big data solutions such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Kafka, Storm etc. is a major plus.
- Experience in using source control systems such as Git or Clearcase, issue tracking systems like JIRA.
- Strong expertise in agile development.
- Risk domain expertise is a major plus.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the business and ability to contribute to technology direction that contributes to measurable business improvements.
- Ability to adapt to changing business priorities and to thrive under pressure.
- Excellent decision-making, communication and collaboration, skills.
- Master’s Degree or Equivalent
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.