Quality is now not only functional quality but diversified to data quality, automation, load, security and audit compliance across a variety of applications from a modern stack that uses microservices on the cloud serving modern UI frameworks to large “monolithic” applications running on specified hardware serving over direct installations and/or citrix clients. To add to this a complex string of services that continuously interact with each other to complete a single transaction like assigning a crew-pairing makes it critical to be able to seed test data across systems and use developmental capabilities to stub the workflow. This needs varied knowledge and expertise with enough tenure to support legacy systems while speeding up the time to market for newer technologies using agile methodologies.
The Director of Enterprise Quality Assurance is responsible for the vision, strategy, direction, planning and execution of all IT Enterprise Quality Assurance related activities of the organization, as well as to provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the group. The Director of Enterprise Quality Assurance establishes quality and reliability standards by studying product and consumer requirements with other members of management and with production operators, technicians, and engineers.
The Director will be responsible in maintaining the high level of security and audit controls required by JetBlue across its portfolio of applications. The Director is also accountable for maintaining quality assurance staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees. The Director will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective testing options. This person will also define and implement appropriate IT QA policies, procedures, and best practices.
The Director is comfortable with maintaining a public profile and building relationships throughout the organization. The Director is also able to change priorities and focus to meet business demands, excels when working on complex projects, is motivated to deliver results, and exhibits the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun.
- Create a best in class QA & QC organization by focusing on fundamental tenets like value generation, speed to market, reliability, automation and innovation
- Lead IT Enterprise Quality Assurance team operations and planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and strategic allocation of crewmembers/consultants and financial resources for the execution of high-quality deployments that support the business of JetBlue
- Partner with the CISO’s organization to ensure security testing is implemented across the portfolio of tech products and maintained across releases
- Partner with audit control organization to ensure that we track all audit issues to closure based on priority and implement best practices to avoid future audit issues
- Partner to deliver an IT Strategy and an annual plan to ensure that JetBlue products are delivered to Production with quality
- Foster, manage and maintain productive relationships across JetBlue teams
- Provide and empower the IT Quality teams with visibility into JetBlue’s business with focus on the customer experience.
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations to IT Leadership for the improvement and growth of the Enterprise Quality Assurance and IT
- Work closely with Product, ITSM and CCB to manage production and non-production environments
- Establish goals and be responsible for the success of the Enterprise Quality
- Take a significant role in leading and coaching direct team and/or indirect Crewmembers to support the engagement, growth and development of succession plan for the IT department
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science discipline and/or demonstrated capability to perform job responsibilities through four (4) years of previous experience and education
- Seven (7) experience in an IT/Business liaison role managing relationships and project delivery
- Five (5) years’ experience managing large portfolios or operating budgets and delivering large scale IT projects
- Three (3) years’ experience in software development and/or production support and/or platform services
- Knowledge of Project Management and strategic planning
- Available for moderate overnight travel (up to 35%)
- Able to work flexible hours and be available for emergency response short notice
- Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Master’s in Computer Science
- Experience managing multiple projects across several platforms
- Experience managing a budget
- Experience managing a full project or initiative, including presenting recommendations to senior leadership
- Thorough knowledge of business function and thorough knowledge of business operations, objectives and strategies
- Exposure to JetBlue’s IT disciplines and interdependencies
- Exposure to JetBlue’s business units and how their needs drive IT strategy
- Experience working on enterprise-wide budget process
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
- Well-groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
- When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
- Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Fun and Passion
- Must fulfill safety accountabilities as prescribed by JetBlue’s Safety Management System
- Promote JetBlue’s #1 value of safety as a Safety Ambassador, supporting JetBlue’s Safety Management System (SMS) components, Safety Policy and behavioral standards
- Identify safety concerns, issues, incidents or hazards that should be reported and report them whenever possible and by any means necessary including JetBlue’s confidential reporting systems (Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) or Safety Action Report(SAR))
- Responsible for adhering to all applicable laws, regulations (FAA, OSHA, DOT, etc.) and Company policies, procedures and risk controls
- Uphold JetBlue’s safety performance metric goals and understand how they relate to their duties and responsibilities
- Computer and other office equipment
- Normal Office Environment
- Generally not required, or up to 10 pounds occasionally, 0 pounds frequently. (Sedentary)
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.