The JetBlue Travel Products Data Analyst reports directly to the GM of Data Engineering and is responsible for interpreting data and analyzing results using advanced techniques, running live experiments and presenting findings to stakeholders. The Data Analyst will be working with public and private datasets of different data types. They will also filter and clean the data, identify and analyze trends along with working with data engineers and scientists to ensure identified trends are implemented to enable JetBlue Travel Products to become a digital disruptor.
The Data Analyst can change priorities and focus to meet business demands, excels when working on complex projects, is motivated to deliver results, and exhibits the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Fun, and Passion.
- Build and prototype analysis pipelines in order to provide insights at scale.
- Make business recommendations with effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders through visual displays of quantitative information.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of data structures and metrics, advocating for changes that will improve product adoption and customer conversion.
- Run live experiments that drive key product decisions.
- Work with data engineers to embed the research into production pipelines.
- Partner with product management and marketing teams to identify opportunities, envision and design technology products.
- Assist with creating the data infrastructure and analytics environments.
- Participate in the DevOps practice as it pertains to data team.
- Partner with JetBlue Tech Ventures to identify, monitor, learn, experiment and share information about emerging technology that is relevant to JetBlue Travel Products.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience with demonstrated capability to perform job responsibilities through four (4) previous years of experience and education.
- One (1) years’ experience in an Analyst role.
- Good understanding of software engineering environments and standards.
- Experience managing Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) Interacting daily with people at different levels within the organization, including developing and maintaining ongoing relationships.
- Pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test.
- Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located.
- Proficient in Python with numpy, pandas.
- Proficient with Jupyter notebooks, Datalab notebooks.
- Proficient in linear algebra and statistics.
- Familiar with DataStudio, Looker, Tableau.
- Familiar with basic SQL for structured and unstructured data.
- Familiar with cloud technologies, SAAS, IAAS.
- Familiar with ML concepts.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Maintaining a public profile and building relationships throughout the organization.
- Three (3) years’ experience in technology roles.
- Experience architecting, developing software, or internet scale production-grade Big Data solutions in virtualized environments such as Amazon Web Services, Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice.
- Well-groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance.
- When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft.
- Organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion, and Fun.
- Computer and other office equipment.
- Generally not required, or up to 10 pounds occasionally, 0 pounds frequently. (Sedentary)
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.