The Project Manager, IT Digital and Customer Products plans, coordinates and manages a portfolio of projects between IT and assigned business units for Loyalty Products. With the guidance of the IT Manager and Product Manager the Project Manager actively leads all aspects of the projects from start to finish, including project team definition, project planning, documentation, vendor selection contract management, product purchasing, tracking, reporting, rollout, interfacing with training and support groups, and formalized project closure.
- Project initiation: Define project high level scope, establish stakeholders, and secure funding and/or internal resources.
- Project planning: Create requirements specification and project plan. Define project team.
- Establish resource allocation decisions with managers of each IT discipline. Coordinate vendor selection and vendor contract management. Facilitate product purchasing. Establish success criteria.
- Project execution: Collect technical documentation, deployment plan, support plan. Interface between IT and business units and/or vendors.
- Project control: Manage changes, risks, scope, cost, quality, communications, time, and procurement.
- Project closure: Collect formal acceptance, evaluate established success criteria to determine success. Close cost accounts and contracts.
- Ensure that JetBlue IT and business standards and procedures are maintained in accordance with Company policies, audits, security, and regulatory requirements
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree with four (4) years’ experience managing projects OR Master’s Degree with three (3) years’ experience managing projects
- Knowledge of industry standards in project management and development methodologies (PMBOK, MSF, SEI, Agile Methods, RUP, etc.)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Project, Excel, Power Point, SharePoint, Word and Visio
- Knowledge of technology fundamentals and concepts (Microsoft technologies preferred)
- Knowledge of IT disciplines and interdependencies
- Knowledge of budget processes and ability to manage and track large project budgets
- Knowledge and experience of project cost tracking
- Ability to rapidly resolve issues and recognize when escalation is necessary
- Strong vendor management, negotiation and resolution skills
- Excellent problem solving and structured thinking skills
- Flexibility, agility and change management skills
- Ability to tailor communication style to different audiences, and to exercise good judgment in frequency and nature of communications to different parties (senior management, stakeholders, team members, etc.).
- Available for occasional overnight travel (15%)
- In possession of valid travel documents with the ability to travel in and out of the United States
- Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Knowledge of Airline industry landscape and experience in digital consumer-facing products
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification by Project Management Institute (PMI) .
- Experience managing project budgets greater than $250K with several team members
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and managerial skills including the ability to motivate others
- Ability to work effectively with all levels and in diverse environments
- Ability to manage risk
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent customer service and an understanding of how IT is ultimately delivered to the Customer
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
- Well-groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
- When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
- Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun
- Promote JetBlue’s #1 value of safety as a Safety Ambassador, supporting JetBlue’s Safety Management System (SMS) components, Safety Policy and behavioral standards
- Identify safety concerns, issues, incidents or hazards that should be reported and report them whenever possible and by any means necessary including JetBlue’s confidential reporting systems (Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) or Safety Action Report(SAR))
- Computer and other office equipment
- Normal office environment
- Generally not required, or up to 10 pounds occasionally, 0 pounds frequently. (Sedentary
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.