Research Internship – Disney Channels Worldwide Research; Summer 2019 – Burbank, CA
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
At Disney Channels Worldwide, you’ll help us tell stories that touch millions of people around the globe and new ways for us to connect with the world. Now is your opportunity to unleash your skills.
A Day in the Life:
- Introduction to Kids TV and Digital Landscape Research Analytics - including collecting Nielsen ratings data, using Nielsen and third-party software
- Data entry and proofing for accuracy across multiple reports
- Assist the Disney Channels Worldwide Research team in many aspects of data collection and help to create some analysis
- Partner closely with other Research Analysts to support the full research team
What You Bring to the Role:
- A can-do, positive attitude that fosters a collaborative team environment
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge and understanding of TV/Media landscape
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Nielsen data and use of software such as NPower, StarTrak, and myEVNTS
- Experience with Amplitude a plus
- Sophomore or higher working towards (or recently graduated with) a degree in Business, Media, Marketing, Mathematics, Economics or other related field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from May/June 2019 through August/September 2019. Must be able to work 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday.
- Required Materials: Resume and transcripts must be uploaded at time of online application.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
- Housing: Interns must provide their own housing for the duration of their internship program