The Disney Decision Science & Integration (DDSI) team provides internal consulting services for clients across The Walt Disney Company including Media Networks (e.g. ABC, ESPN), Studio Entertainment (e.g. The Walt Disney Studios, Disney Theatrical Group), Direct-to-Consumer & International, and Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products. The DDSI team sits at the intersection of business strategy, advanced analytics, and technology integration to help our partners explore opportunities for analytics, shape business decisions and drive value. Our work includes conceptualizing new solutions, solution design and development, implementation (and integration with business processes), and ongoing business support.
DDSI seeks forward-thinking team members who are passionate about learning our client businesses, forming relationships with business leaders, and driving value through the tactical and strategic use of data and analytics. The work requires a combination of analytical mindset with hands-on experience in data and programming, and a natural gift for communicating and presenting complex analytical findings. Strong candidates are those with the right balance of technical and business skills that are critical for successful execution of analytics to drive business values.
- Partner with other business units and develop expertise in their field;
- Learn about existing processes and tools and identify opportunities for improvement using analytics;
- Develop research questions and hypotheses, and propose feasible research designs to address the questions;
- Collect, process, and analyze large data sets;
- Build appropriate analytical models independently or collaboratively with our science partners;
- Develop insights and interpret results;
- Develop audience-specific communication strategy to share insights with and collect feedback from partners and clients at different organizational levels;
- Act as a liaison to coordinate with internal and external teams with different skill sets and perspectives.
- 2+ years of experience in analytics or consulting role;
- Proficiency in acquiring, organizing, cleansing, manipulating, and mining large amounts of data;
- Demonstrated capabilities in performing exploratory and quantitative analytics;
- Strong written, oral communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adapt to rapidly changing business environment;
- Good balance of technical expertise and business acumen;
- Strong work ethics with great attention to detail and quest for quality;
- 3+ years experience and proficiency in Python, SQL, SAS (or similar programming languages);
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Tableau.
- Experience with the media industry, especially television, SVOD, and film;
- Experience with marketing, sales, pricing, or revenue management;
- Experience with internal or external consulting;
- Proven solid experience in developing and applying analytics solutions to drive business values.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Econometrics, Data Science) OR in Business Analytics with a strong quantitative background
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in a quantitative field or in Business Analytics with a strong quantitative background