Disney Streaming Services is a business unit within The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment that oversees all consumer-facing digital video subscription services across the company. Disney Streaming is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service, programmed in conjunction with ESPN; the upcoming Disney SVOD service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Its core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
The Senior Analyst will help define and track key performance indicators for products, and generate insights about how our audiences consume video content across platforms (web, phone, connected devices) to inform future product development and audience growth. This position will be able to deliver A/B and multivariate experiments, design and automate reports, implement analytics tagging, master exploratory analysis and insight, all in close collaboration with partners across the Data team and business groups.
- Liaise with internal business stakeholders to understand their objectives, challenges and opportunities.
- Use exploratory analysis to deeply understand customers and their behavior across platforms
- Design, build and automate dashboards
- Partner with product managers on the end-to-end process of test design, implementation and analysis
- Influence internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization to take action based on insights generated to seize business opportunities
- Document and communicate findings and insights to stakeholders across the company, including senior executives
- Experience in providing analytics to inform product development and marketing
- 5+ years of direct experience working in web / digital / mobile/ video analytics or in web-based businesses
- 3+ years work experience using SQL is required
- Experience in applying multivariate statistics, including logistic regression modeling, to business problems
- Experience with defining, implementing and analyzing A/B and multivariate experiments
- Ability to think strategically, analyze and interpret market and consumer information
- Strong communication and presentation skills – written, visual, and verbal presentations
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work seamlessly with a cross-functional team of analysts, technologists, marketers and product managers
- Additional programming languages (e.g. Python/R) are preferred
- Degree in an analytical field such as economics, mathematics, or computer science is desired
- Advanced degree is a plus