Do you want to build resilient systems to handle million requests per day without downtime? Are you ready to make an impact by helping Zalando become the best high quality Marketplace in the Fashion Industry?
As Software Engineer within our Merchant Operations department you will be building the merchants platform - ensuring article data quality, handling Identity and Access Management and security topics, high-volume transactional and sensitive data, working on public facing interfaces for both developers and merchants and building applications from scratch.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Create highly scalable solutions and own the entire development cycle - from architecture design to testing to implementation and maintenance
- Own your code and decide on the technologies and tools to deliver as well operate large-scale applications on cloud (AWS or Kubernetes), based on a micro services architecture
- Take a leading role in extending and improving integration, evolving our systems to scale as per our merchants demands.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Knowledge and passion on Identity Access Management and Security topics
- Experience on JAVA and JBOSS
- Pragmatic and curious, find right tool for the right job (we solve business problems, with lots of more easy algorithms)
- Experience in software development, involving designing and developing large-scale, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services
- Knowledge of micro services and cloud architectures as well as experience with cloud platforms, preferably Kubernetes
- Knowledge in architecture / design methods and patterns, data and API specifications, quality assurance and testing methods
- Passion to learn new and different languages like Golang, NodeJS, Scala, etc.
At Zalando Merchant Operations we use a variety of languages, but most of our backend systems are written in Scala. But don’t worry if you never tried Scala, as long as you are motivated to learn. Also, as a way to start, we do have services written in Java, Go, NodeJS, Haskell and many more. You’ll certainly enjoy working with us even more if you are motivated to learn.
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties and events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an International team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, family service and parent & child rooms
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.