The Enterprise Infrastructure Services (EIS) team is responsible for architecture, engineering, and operational support of a wide variety of technology products and services to employees and businesses across The Walt Disney Company.
A Day in the Life…
The Digital Communications Intern will assist the Enterprise Infrastructure Services team in creating and delivering internal communications and training materials to IT staff and end users. In particular, we are looking to improve our leadership and communications with employees to promote better engagement between a large, diverse, distributed team.
- Develop and deliver internal communications & marketing using a variety of mixed media (e.g. video, graphic design, editorial etc.) via the company intranet and other enterprise communications channels.
- Conceptualized and plan content and manage editorial calendar for employee newsletter and web presence.
- Provide graphic and editing support for leadership communications in PowerPoint or Keynote.
- Provide analytic support for communications initiatives (e.g. response rates, survey results)
- Gain first-hand experience in a fast-paced employee communications environment and have opportunities to work in an organization responsible for a variety of projects and technologies, including wireless, server and storage, Cloud-based services, and workforce collaboration.
What we are looking for…
- Proven writing experience
- Demonstrated graphic design skills
- Experience with Web design and management (e.g. WordPress, Weebly, Wix)
- Knowledge of media engagement strategies and techniques
- Proficiency in the following Mac applications: Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere, Keynote, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Proficiency in the following PC applications: Microsoft Office including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong proficiency with MS Excel including creating pivot tables, charts and manipulating data
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization, present findings to key stakeholders
- Photography and editing skills
- Experience with coordinating and executing events
- Familiarity with podcasting
- Experience with video production (documentary / news / interview style shooting)
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Information Technology acumen
- Ability to create dashboards
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Multimedia, Film, Digital Media, Mass Communications or Organizational Communications majors or closely related field
- The approximate dates of this internship are June 2019 through January 2020
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Housing: Interns must provide their own housing for the duration of their internship program.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
Please note strong candidates will be contacted and asked to submit a writing sample. Instructions will be provided at that time.Required Materials: PDF version of resume must be uploaded at time of application