The Enterprise Infrastructure Services (EIS) team is responsible for architecture, engineering, and operational support of a wide variety of technology products and services to employees and businesses across The Walt Disney Company.
A Day in the Life…
The EIS Business Operations Intern will support the strategic, program management, and communications functions of an active, evolving technology operations team. Reporting into the Senior Manager for the Executive Program Management Office, this position will be responsible for driving a variety of business support programs for the EIS organization, including:
- Infrastructure investment business justification, helping to translate complex functional, technical and business requirements into a solid business case and recommendation for funding approval
- Business Intelligence data mapping, dashboard design and development
- Financial budgeting and forecasting coordination
- Organizational performance management and change management
The Intern will be required to work with internal cross-functional teams and foster an environment of continuous improvement and structure processes and procedures as part of a dynamic technology team.
What we are looking for…
- Relevant business or technical operations work experience (technology operations management, systems engineering, networking, IT outsourcing, cloud services)
- Exceptional ability to present ideas in a convincing and compelling manner to a small or large audience in multiple levels within the organization
- Experience with financial planning and new business case development
- Experience developing and managing effective working relationships with departments, groups and staff with whom work must be coordinated or interfaced
- Broad business acumen and proven influencing and collaboration skills
- Leverages expert knowledge to anticipate a wide range of future needs and opportunities and facilitates development of complex solutions
- Previous experience with Dashboard design and reporting
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to manipulate data and tell the story behind the numbers.
- Proficiency in excel (Tableau a plus)
- Working knowledge and interest in information technology
- Strong project management skills
- Strong influencing skills
- Strong interest in technology management careers and experience
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering or Business & pursuing a Graduate level degree focused on Business, Technology, Technology Management, Engineering or related.
- MBA or Master’s student entering their final year after participation in the Internship
- The approximate dates of this internship are May/June 2019 through August/September 2019
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Housing: Interns must provide their own housing for the duration of their internship program.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
Required Materials: PDF version of resume must be uploaded at time of application