The Disney Decision Science and Integration (DDSI) consulting team is responsible for supporting clients across The Walt Disney Company including Direct-to-Consumer & International, Media Networks (e.g., ABC, ESPN), Studio Entertainment (e.g., The Walt Disney Studios, Disney Theatrical Group) and Parks, Experiences & Consumer Products. DDSI leverages technology, data analytics, optimization, statistical and econometric modeling to explore opportunities, shape business decisions and drive business value.
The DDSI Data Integration (DI) team is looking to fill a Data Integration Manager role (initially functioning as a Lead DI Consultant with the possibility of 1-2 direct reports in later stages of the project) for the Parks Resorts Dynamic Pricing (RDP) initiative.
This position will be responsible for partnering with MSI, Science and Technology team members in various activities around data requirements gathering, data validation scripting and review, producing data aggregation datasets for our Science Models, building and monitoring daily batch update processes, and ad-hoc activities required by the project. This role will initially focus on the project development lifecycle and transition into sustainment duties post go-live. The role requires expertise in SQL, Python, Spark, PySpark, SparkSQL, and Hadoop/Hive.
- Experience and proficiency in SQL (on a variety of database platforms)
- Hands-on expertise with Spark, PySpark and SparkSQL
- Hands-on expertise with Python
- Experience utilizing Hadoop/Hive as a data source
- Strong analytical skills in data analysis
- Experience with GitHub/GitLab for software development and environment promotion
- Solid understanding of AWS
- Solid understanding ETL and ELT tools and processes
- Demonstrated partnering and communication skills; able to shift readily between technical and non-technical terminology depending on audience
- Experience and proficiency in requirements elicitation and documentation for data processing
- Experience and proficiency in developing data validation test scenarios and scripts
- Proficiency acquiring, organizing, cleansing and manipulating large amounts of data
- Proven sense of responsibility and the ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities
- Experience with project management tools, including Smartsheet and Version 1
- Hands-on experience interacting with Technology teams to promote code across multiple environments
- Experience and proficiency with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent field