This is a complex and varied role that supports WDW Transportation Operations and will have a direct hand in shaping the Transportation experience for Guests visiting the Walt Disney World property. The role calls for leadership without having any direct reports tiering up to it.
As a member of the Transportation Logistics team, the Workload/Staffing Manager is responsible for collecting and analyzing a wide variety of ridership, scheduling, operations, financial and field data, synthesizing that data into a cohesive and compelling story, then communicating that story effectively to key partners to influence strategic decisions and drive the business forward.
The right fit candidate would be someone who is curious, thinks proactively, is eager to tackle complex problems, and is action-oriented. Leveraging these skills, along with technical acumen, the Workload/Staffing Manager will proactively identify opportunities to enhance the Guest experience and work collaboratively to develop possible solutions in a demand-based transit system. Experience partnering across multiple lines of business and balancing the needs of many stakeholders is critical to success in this role.
This is a salaried role.
- Analyze a wide variety of data using multiple tools and forecasting models, updating existing and creating new tools/models when necessary
- Regularly review and initiate changes in business to achieve both short-term and long-term strategic goals
- Actively participate in the development of WDW bus service plans through route design and demand forecasting
- Create presentations that effectively and succinctly summarize analysis and recommendations
- Present updates and recommendations to key partners, including executives
- Partner with multiple teams, including Transportation Engineering Services, Industrial Engineering, Finance and Workforce Management
- Positive mindset with a focus on how to accomplish the tasks at hand
- Superb written and oral communication skills, as well as experience developing executive-level presentations
- Demonstrated strong analytical, problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel and ability to perform quantitative analysis
- Ability to succinctly convey key message points and craft a compelling story
- Ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities in a complex business environment
- Works well in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Resourceful and proactive, with an ability to leverage existing partnerships or forge new relationships to navigate complex situations
- 2 or more years’ experience in a demand-based transit environment
- Proven experience with Python, VBA, or other programming languages
- Strong knowledge of SAS programming
- Hands on experience with Business Objects and Tableau
- Good understanding of Walt Disney World Operations, services and business practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or related field