Imagine yourself as a Data Analytics Graduate Intern in People Insights, where your natural curiosity for exploring data processes and pipelines will help enable data-driven decisions within Human Resources across The Walt Disney Company. In this role, you will be able to blaze new paths in this data rich environment through creating data solutions that meet the needs for both workforce insights and employee related research. You will have the chance to leverage your expertise and knowledge to maximize the Company’s investment in our employees through data analysis and the building of data extracts to support complex analytics and data visualization.
You have a curiosity that leads you to always ask, “What’s possible?” and you have the ability to bring those concepts to reality in everything you touch from data analysis to solving complex problems to integrating disparate data that aids decision support for workforce related issues.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Develop understanding of business processes and applications, including their effect on data and reporting
- Support the components of data warehouse, such as SQL to source stored procedures or ETL, database structures and validation reports, and reporting environments
- Assist with security audits and processes to ensure that data access rules are working as expected and data is being handled safely
- Assist with the documentation of user stories for the development team
- Assist with User Acceptance Testing (UAT) criteria
- Assist with internal analyses and data validation
- Write queries/jobs/functions to feed and enhance the pipeline
- Develop efficient, testable, and well-documented code
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Create supporting documentation that can be referenced by business stakeholders
What we are looking for…
- Demonstrated strong proficiency in SQL, and understanding data structures and relationships
- Experience in query performance optimization involving large datasets
- Ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes, and recommend solutions
- Familiarity with reporting and data visualization tools such as Cognos or Tableau
- Self-motivated with strong sense of ownership and comfortability with limited direction
- Intellectual curiosity, along with excellent problem solving and quantitative skills
- Strong interpersonal and partnering skills, excelling in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated strong organization skills with attention to detail
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information
- Currently enrolled in an accredited graduate program at a university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited graduate program at a university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Pursuing a Graduate degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics or similar technical/analytical degree
- The approximate dates of this internship are June 2019 through January 2020
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Housing: A limited amount of housing is available on a first come, first served basis.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
Required Materials: PDF version of resume must be uploaded at time of application