Consumer Insight, Measurement & Analytics (CIMA) is part of the Global Marketing & Sales organization within Walt Disney Parks and Resorts (WDPR). CIMA influences decision making with integrated, objective, and actionable insights. Within CIMA, the Digital & Travel Operations Analytics (DTOA) team provides analysis across the primary modes used by Guests/clients for vacation discover, planning, transacting, and management to enable decision making and optimization.
The Omni-Channel Analyst is a key contributor to the DTOA Analytics team. He/she will have the opportunity to work with large data sets and cloud environment tools, and become a subject matter expert with data and source systems used within many lines of business supported by CIMA.
In order to succeed in the role, the Omni-Channel Analyst must possess a passion for data, quality assurance, and analysis as this role will support partners and clients with data architecture, queries, and processes to enable more efficient and consistent reporting and analysis in the organization.
In order to excel in the role, the Omni-Channel Analyst must further the analytical sophistication of the team.
The position reports to the Data Strategy Manager of Omni-Channel Analytics, and does not have direct reports.
The Omni-Channel Analyst’s key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Data Strategy / Architecture
- Work with business partners to determine needs and requirements
- Identify and document data requirements to support both ongoing and ad hoc analysis
- Learn new data sets from various lines of business, to develop an expertise in those data sets
- Partner with the Data Services team to manage new data requests, document and automate data processes, and apply business logic to source data.
Data Analysis and Insights
- QA data to ensure accuracy
- Analyze and mine data to find opportunities in time allotted
- Undertake proactive and reactive ad-hoc requests as needed
- Make business recommendations based on the data findings
- Drive more efficient and sophisticated analytical insights
Data Delivery / Distribution
- Develop efficient and value added queries / analyst tables for ongoing and adhoc analysis
- Convey and highlight recommendations to ‘tell the story’ with data
- Ensure partners understand the data / tables / processes
- 2+ years of relational database experience
- 2+ years of analytical experience
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, complex, and ambiguous business environment
- Ability to deliver work on-time
- Team player mentality
- “Get stuff done” approach
- Attentiveness to detail
- Desire to learn and grow with an organization
- Proficiency in SQL, R, and/or Python programming languages
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency with business intelligence tools such as Tableau
- 3+ years of relational database experience
- 3+ years of analytical experience
- Ability to apply statistical rigor to analyses
- Knowledge of “big data” environments and tools
- Experience with digital and contact center data and analytics
- Experience with hospitality data and analytics
- Experience with data warehouse platforms such as My SQL, SQL Server, Teradata
- Experience with text mining and natural language processing
- Interest in machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Bachelor’s degree in analytical/quantitative field – e.g. statistics, economics, mathematics, marketing analytics, engineering, etc.
- Master’s degree in an analytical/quantitative field or equivalent