At Disney, we are storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Systems Engineering team is responsible for improving the quality and reliability of technology systems at Walt Disney Parks & Resorts. From one of the most sophisticated hotel reservation systems in the world to Disney Cruise Line shipboard systems, Disney Vacation Club member services, FastPass ticketing, PhotoPass, and even inventory applications to ensure we have the right number of cast costumes. Disney Parks Experiences and Consumer Products (DPECP) Technology seeks forward-thinking team members who are passionate about delivering a quality product and enjoy working closely with partners across the organization on both strategic and tactical challenges.
This intern will apply their passion for data and analytics to improving the quality and reliability of all technology systems at Walt Disney Parks & Resorts.
- Build a scoring model that quantifies risk for each application based on a variety of historical performance measures.
- Develop compelling visualizations to promote adoption so that it can be used to incent development best-practices across the segment.
- Prepare data using SQL and data merging
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter
- Excellent time management skills, and function well within a diverse team.
- Strong SQL experience/knowledge
- Strong understanding of relational databases
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to be highly flexible, staying focused on the ultimate objective while incorporating new data inputs and recent discoveries
- Ability to follow existing programming and style guidelines to maintain consistent quality of code
- Ability to maintain documentation, procedures, and working instructions for the operations team
- Ability to proactively reassess business needs and make suggestions to meet those needs
- Data analytics experience/knowledge
- Strong knowledge in Excel (pivot tables, pivot charts, regression analysis, standard deviation)
- Experience with Tableau or other visualization tools
- Application design experience/knowledge
- Agile work environment experience/knowledge
- Passion in data analytics
- Junior, Senior, Graduate Level student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduating) pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are Mid-August 2019- Mid-December 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company sponsored housing is available on first-come, first-serve basis. If company sponsored housing is not available, interns must be able to provide their own housing for the duration of the internship.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.